May 14, 2022 at 1:26 am #1807900oldspokesyParticipantRank:
Took way longer than expected to render, but I think it’s pretty cute.May 14, 2022 at 2:02 am #1807907adelasiaParticipantRank:
Wonderful render reminds me of home 🙂May 14, 2022 at 2:05 am #1807908ADAMParticipantRank:
Very niceMay 14, 2022 at 5:00 am #1807958Frank21ParticipantRank:
I love this one Oldspokesy …..normal people doing normal things. A breath of fresh air.May 14, 2022 at 5:14 am #1807962AmberParticipantRank:
Pretty comfy, thanks for that 🙂May 14, 2022 at 8:26 am #1808025LucafeelgoodParticipantRank:
Sweet Sweet…I enjoy the feelin.May 14, 2022 at 8:32 am #1808026enjoyifyParticipantRank:
Lots of nice touches here. And very relaxed! Well done. 🙂May 14, 2022 at 9:38 am #1808042Legolas18ParticipantRank:
When it comes to renders…I always look for the imperfections and the possible “improvements”:
1. leaves on the ground intersecting grass (heresy!)
2. people sitting intersecting pillow (you could use the integrated dFormer , or the MeshGrabber plugin to fix that to “push” the geometry locally)
3. Skin shader being significantly different for both characters. To fix that (or in the future FYI) just apply on the skin a Pro character skin shader using Ctrl+Alt+double click (and do not replace the textures).
4. To improve realism of metals and clothes, you can use IReal Shaders. I practically use it all the time.
5. No Photoshop! (also heresy!!).
Ok, I can relax to the nice picture now. Sorry, I’m grumpy 😛May 14, 2022 at 1:42 pm #1808133oldspokesyParticipantRank:
@Legolas18 I foolishly thought I was going to make a quick fluffy scene for the “holiday” and naturally, that didn’t happen.
I swear everytime I started rendering, I’d notice something thing that I missed in the preview render (accidentally hid dude’s feet during outfit testing and was 20mins into rendering when I noticed 😑 ). Force and fur are both pretty new to me as my old PC couldn’t run them. At all.
I’ll try out those shaders, I previously tried…Altern8, I think? I had a hinkypunk and a tempest3d character in the same scene and they looked horrendous, didn’t manage to fix it that time 😅
As for the last, I actually reinstalled Photoshop as this was rendering lol, now if I can get my Paintshops to work I’ll be in business.
Thanks everyone! I’ll try to sit down and watch some tutorials today, hopefully my Brian cooperates 😅May 14, 2022 at 4:35 pm #1808226Legolas18ParticipantRank:
I tried Altern8…and sometimes characters looked a bit too…green. 🙁
As for the utility shader, I forgot another “go to” that really helps with hair…
you can use it to add SSS to hair, grass, and a bunch of other things. It also has full materials with SSS, if needed.
Take care! 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.