RTX 4060TI SUPER 16gb

Home Page › Forums › General Chat › RTX 4060TI SUPER 16gb

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #2084442
    montanablueskies
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    Well I had read so many bad reviews on these cards, mostly by people who didn't own one, that I figured the smart thing to do would be to run out and get one.

    The good news is that for DAZ purposes they work pretty well. I was using a gtx 1080ti (11gb) before and the rtx is faster and can hold a great deal more scene content before switching to cpu render. Not only does it have more VRAM but it seems that the orginization of the data is superior because you can get more characters in a scene (10 or more) than you would expect comparing it to a gtx 1080ti (3 or 4).

    So if your looking for a budget GPU and don't do much gaming I'd recommend this one for sure.

    #2084498
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    I think the initial complaints were about the 4060 8GB when it came out. It was launched with almost no performance gain over the 3060. I was thinking about a 4060 12gb myself but decided to go for a 4070.

    #2084502
    Ethiopia
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    I grabbed an EVGA 3060 last year when prices tanked. Darned glad I did.

    #2084536
    ToxicIce
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    Honestly the problem is just Nvidia's pricing and greed with the Vram they allocated to the model on launch, 12 GB should have been the lowest they went to with the 40 series and then they should have taken it off from there (and even 12 GB is really barely scraping by, I would say 16 GB should be the starting point for all new releases from now on.)

    I just went for the 4090 because honestly with how shit Nvidia is and the fact that Amd refused to compete at the absolute top with their cards and cannot utilize Iray I just went with the motto "Buy once, cry once." I think that the 4060 16 GB is great value for Daz though, it was the best choice both from a performance and cost standpoint (but boy was this whole generation of cards a mess, the connector fiasco and a lot of other issues made it very questionable).

    #2084550
    dot_dot_dot_dot
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 3

    The thing with reviews is they usually only looks at the card trough the scope of gaming. The 4070 TI super also got bad reviews at launch but its a great pick for DAZ imo

    #2084593
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Absolutely true @heetee but I guess most of the cards are used for gaming. Gamers Nexus usually does some non-game benchmarks for new GPUs but not many others. Some of the 4070 TI reviews were bad because of the cost vs performance and not because it was a bad card.

    #2084614
    Tkman117
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    I had my new desktop custom built last year and they recommended a EVGA 3060 as anything more than that was overkill for what I was doing at the time. This was before I got into modelling and stuff, was mostly gaming, but I'm honestly super happy with how my comp works with modelling software.

    #2084632
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    The 3060 with 12GB of GDDR6 VRAM is great for DS Tkman. I'm glad you're happy with it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

 

Post You Might Like