Returning to Daz Safely

Home Page Forums General Chat Returning to Daz Safely

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tingbudong
    Participant

I got into 3D art when I lived in China, and this site was amazing for that. I've returned to the US and want to get back into this hobby. Anonymity and security are new things I have to worry about, and I see mentions of a lot of changes.

I noticed the new DIM can't be used without logging in, and I see mentions of that throughout the forum. Can the DIM be used safely at all? (I have a vpn and set it to locations in Asia.)

Is there a "Get Started Safely" guide anywhere?
    I can manually install stuff, if I have to, I just find DIM convenient. Are there any other monitoring measures to work around? I haven't even installed DAZ yet, and I won't until I feel educated and secure about it.

Eve Adams
    Participant

I use DIM all the time, it works just fine in offline mode. I even convert 3rd party assets to use it because it makes it easier to uninstall stuff that I don't need.

Lucafeelgood
    Participant

@littleevie The new DIM wants to go online. Read Here.

Eve Adams
    Participant

@lucafeelgood I'm using version 1.4.1.47, which I'm pretty sure is the current version, and I'm not having any problems using it in offline mode.

Lucafeelgood
    Participant

I had the chat from ColdBeer31 still in memory and thought...Maybe I can help.
    I use 1.4.0.80 myself and am satisfied with this version. I always say "never touch a running system".
    I don't know what the problem is with the DIM from ColdBeer31. In anyway have a nice weekend @littleevie

tingbudong
    Participant

Maybe it was just my initial login that required the DIM to be online.

Other than a using a VPN at all times, are there any other good habits to develop for using content from here?

Ethiopia
    Participant

One bloody thing NOT to do is use the same username here as you do in the Rendo, Daz or R'otica forums and/or ask the exact same question here as in the vendors forums. You'd think that this would be an obvious safety practice but it's surprisingly and disappointingly common.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like