Renderosity Vendor of the month Rant

Home Page Forums General Chat Renderosity Vendor of the month Rant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Simsgirl2017
    Participant

Just ranting, why is it that the same vendors continuosly get Vendor of the month? This month Outoftouch is vendor of the month again. What do they base this off of?

Feymarcher
    Participant

No clue why. I'd imagine probably overall sales for the month before?

I do admit, even though there are some "usual" vendors I like (Fabiana being one), it does seem like they're hitting a redundancy point with their Vendor of the Month. I'm legitimately shocked vendors like RedZStudio or Samsil haven't gotten VOM, considering their stuff fills voids that aren't normally filled (decent fibremesh hair and modern African/African-American culture, respectively), yet people like Fabiana, Sveva, OOT, and/or Lilflame seem to alternate between it every other month.

Rendo has some seriously messed up standards in that regard, IMHO.

eelgoo

Yes, they definitely need to spread around that promotion exposure a lot! :0/

coolcat
    Participant

I think its the people that vote just like voting for your prez or prime or what have u every vote counts if every body does not vote u end up with some jack-ass lol that not every body wants thinks , deserves it.

Ethiopia
    Participant

I haven't paid much attention to Render-stupid-osity in a long time but I'm wondering what's happening with that ridiculous VWD crap. I'd heard he'd lowered the price to entice increased sales but with the new D-Force thing-a-ma-bob now included with Studio, I'm wondering if this will finally kill his sales.
    E.

Feymarcher
    Participant

@not-hunter Eh, he'll have the Carrara crowd to support him, I suppose. But considering how fairly solid DForce is, even in this state, can't be a good sign for VWD going forward. And once DForce supports hair for real, well...

But there's always going to be it's ardent supporters. Same thing with Poser and its cloth room. Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I'm glad people have a variety of choices now: VWD, Poser, DS, Marvelous Designer, Blender, etc.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

Yeah, I think vendor of the month for a retail site should really be acting as a "spotlight" feature, rather than a badge for whoever had the most sales that month. They should be shining the light on vendors that have great product that aren't getting the attention.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like