Progno: The Wallpaper

Home Page Forums Art Showcase Progno: The Wallpaper

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

said

My family and I are, in point of fact, incredibly nerdy when it comes to certain things. One of those things is our desire to play Dungeons and Dragons extensively. To that end, I end up typically making certain things for game play. When playing in person, I 3D print our characters to have miniatures that are 100% unique to each character. When playing via a virtual tabletop, I make tokens for the same.

When I’m bored, I do things with them, like in this case. This is a character I made for a campaign my father ran about a year ago. He’s a gnome barbarian named Progno (pronounced: Pro-no [the g is silent]). I designed him to be the exact opposite of Conan, hence the name (Pro opposite of Con, no opposite of an — as in, I have no apple instead of having an apple).

I decided to make a wallpaper of him for my PC, iMac and one 1440×900 for my MacBook Air. Render took about 3 hours at 2560×1440, with the only post render being the name, border, and signature.

jrnkmail

said

Very nice render. I’ve got a 3D printer coming soon myself and quite looking forward to personalized miniatures.

Mr. Bishop

said

I love my 3D printer. Daz Studio, combined with zBrush, has allowed me to make some pretty slick miniatures for my family.

Mr. Bishop

said

Thank you for the badass comment. Truly. When I was making him, I wanted to take something most people consider “harmless” as far as a race goes, and turn it into the antithesis of that perception. Admittedly, when I talk in his voice, it’s a high pitched squeaky voice, but it gets fun when he’s drunk… and I do mean fun. For example, one time when he was drunk, he was walking down a corridor with walls on both sides. The corridor opened into a large room and he became convinced someone was stealing walls. So, in his high pitched voice, I had him draw his sword and declare he would protect the remaining walls from the wall thief.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2013 ZoneGfx. All rights reserved.                                                            Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest