problems with certain packs

Home Page Forums General Chat problems with certain packs

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    isolrubin
    Participant

some of the uploads are completly missing IM000*****
    and can't be installed thru offline Install Manager.
    it's annoying and adding random numbers doesn't work to get the pack running.
    unless there is a way to get those numbers and i dont know it.

SonyTony
    Participant

I install all products manually, but i often wonder why uploaders change the zip name. I can only assume for some reason they are having a problem with long file names ( windows has a max path length of 260 characters ). I also wonder if they are having an issue with max path length, who's to say that the zip contents will be 100% accurate.

Tony

EvilMonkey
    Participant

The file nomenclature for Daz files is as follows

"IM[8 digit SKU from the website]-[part number]_[product name (with no spaces or punctuation)]"

It is really annoying with some of the files floating around that have multiple parts and you don't know which part to number which, or even if they are missing parts. There's no information in the manifest or supplement documents either which is frustrating.

Ideally the files with the product "content" inside should always be left as is and just be bundled inside a folder or RAR/Zip wrapper with any other crap you want to put with it. But everybody is an anarchist at heart.

OnkelShield
    Participant

There are some uploaders here which destroy the file naming because they fear it can be traced back to them otherwise. Others just simply remove them because they install them manually and not with DIM. When I see someone doing that I normally shoot them a message and asking for their reason why they are doing it and if they could stop removing the extension DIM needs. Normally they stop it when you ask nicely... except for a special case here who hasn't posted for quite a while

eelgoo

Files from sources other than Daz's own site don't have those anyway. 🙂

isolrubin
    Participant

I know. I'm nagging bout the one coming from DAZ site

coolcat
    Participant

some people get stuff from other torrent/ sharing sites ect so they don't control the files they just be kind and share them here , better off something than nothing. 🙂

EvilMonkey
    Participant

I appreciate the shares but I would prefer if people included all the files for the set and didn't change the naming structures though. There's a lot of shares going around right now with no Template or poser files, some of them as the OP stated having the IM number removed and the zip just renamed.

If you're sharing something, of course you have control over it, you can rename it and include or exclude whatever files you want really. Personally I want everything for that set to stay together even if I'm not going to use them so that the fraction of people that it will be useful for will have the files when needed.

jason david
    Participant

those who haven't installed daz 4.10 yet like myself be careful cause some files need the .10 version to be correctly DISPLAYED

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like