Please stop spam and fake products

Home Page Forums General Chat Please stop spam and fake products

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Masha
    Participant

Even today I downloaded a product that is fake, Mileena G8F, shared by @gladson1976. The product is passed off as RyonaComics, while it is Shinteo's shit. A few days ago, @chrysmacz shared Kitana MK11 by bigmadbruh112 and that was full of shit too. Why don't admins check posts before approving them? A lot of time is wasted every time downloading this shit.

mxyzptlk
    Participant

RyonaComics doesn't make files. They post Shinteo's shit. They have a deal between the 2 of them. Most of RyonaComics' offerings can be downloaded for free from Shinteo's Patreon page.

Kefka
    Participant

As far as I know, Shinteo doesn't authorize the use of his models for others to sell. A year back he pointed out others were selling his morphs on his patreon.

He is the only '3d modeling artist' I am still a patreon of because he is quick and creates relatively quality morphs. Plus he makes all of his morphs free after 1 month after release and always takes the time to answer any questions you have.

Correct if I'm wrong about the collaboration, though.

mxyzptlk
    Participant

It is an authorized collaboration. RyonaComics commissions some of Shinteo's figures that are sold. That's why not all of the RyonaComics files are available on Shinteo's Patreon. StudioX was stealing files from many and repacking them as their own. They were called out and booted from Renderhub.

gladson1976
    Participant

Even today I downloaded a product that is fake, Mileena G8F, shared by @gladson1976. The product is passed off as RyonaComics, while it is Shinteo’s shit. A few days ago, @chrysmacz shared Kitana MK11 by bigmadbruh112 and that was full of shit too. Why don’t admins check posts before approving them? A lot of time is wasted every time downloading this shit.

Sorry about the post @Masha.. I wasn't ware of the details and if required, can one of the mods remove the post..

Mileena For Daz3D Genesis 8 Female (Re Upload)

Guess there's a lot of things that I need to learn yet

YanOma
    Participant

I'm not a fan of Sninteo's stuff. They're accurate conversions, but the normals and skin quality is usually pretty terrible. They require a lot of work to get to look nice.

Amber
    Participant

I thought Shiiinteo mostly did game rips? Never cared much for it all anyway.

Grouchy Old Fart
    Participant

Amber is right - Shinteo does mostly game mesh conversions, mostly through using the Russian app Wrap as the means to do it. He mentions using Wrap specifically in his earlier posts (and his really early stuff shows it by way of some really, really funky bones/body-parts, especially in and around the head and jaw.) He's gotten a lot better at it though.

I love having a few of his Pixar/Disney style toon conversions, because they provided me with component head morphs that are very, very hard to find (it's real easy to find anime-style head morphs, but decent Western toon-style morphs are almost impossible to get - I usually blend the ones I have found).

He still needs to improve on his clothing - the early stuff was in incomplete pieces, and though a lot has improved, the shapes still look a bit chunky and Poser 4-ish. The texmaps remind me of Quake3-vintage gaming skinning (wherein everything is crammed onto one big rectangle and 'shadows are faked into the texture). It's about expected from someone doing game conversions, though, and as mentioned, he's getting a lot better at it as time goes by.

ducksick
    Participant

Even today I downloaded a product that is fake, Mileena G8F, shared by @gladson1976. The product is passed off as RyonaComics, while it is Shinteo’s shit. A few days ago, @chrysmacz shared Kitana MK11 by bigmadbruh112 and that was full of shit too. Why don’t admins check posts before approving them? A lot of time is wasted every time downloading this shit.

it’s the immanent risk of downloading pirated content. if you want verified purchases, buy from the source.

DazHakz
    Participant

@pooper do you know where I can find that app? I have a few game models I would like to convert, and I like tinkering with stuff even if I hit a roadblock down the line.

Grouchy Old Fart
    Participant

Sure - it's right here: https://zonegfx.com/r3ds-wrap-2020-12-2-1-74-million-year-trial/

He mentioned it specifically a long time ago, which is why I recall it.

Amber
    Participant

lol so THAT'S why several Wraps went today, haven't seen that get snatched but once every few days or weeks. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like