Pendant ID?

Home Page Forums General Chat Pendant ID?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Charley
    Participant

e

Hey; just wondering if anyone knows where I can find that cross pendant/necklace?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

eelgoo

It does look great.

I asked the very same question in a comment on the request.

:0/

Charley
    Participant

@eelgoo I've seen it in a couple of promos and searched through Daz and Rendo, but absolutely no luck at finding it. 🙁

eelgoo

I suppose, on the positive side, that makes it more likely to be publicly available?

Charley
    Participant

@eelgoo I hope so. I think it must be part of a set of different shaped cross pendants, because this is very similar - chain is the same - but the vendor didn't list the accessories:

t

Frank21
    Participant

I did quite an extensive search yesterday too and came up with nothing for Daz/Poser. The crucifix doesn't connect to the chain and is asymmetrical which makes me wonder if it was AI'ed in.

Ethiopia
    Participant

I'm thinking it was done in Photoshop and a LOT of patience.
    The shadows are excellent and the chain drapes nicely, very un-Studio like.
    Notice in the first image how the other chain floats just above her skin and leaves a small, realistic shadow. The chain with the cross also drapes over that multi-colour chain and again, drapes nicely.
    Or some other program like Blender?

Charley
    Participant

@frank22 I'm beginning to come to that conclusion too after searching absolutely everywhere I could think of.

Charley
    Participant

@ethiopia Absolutely; it could have been composited in Photoshop, I've done similar compositing with photos over the years, but why would the promo artists go to all that trouble when they could just use AI?

It is likely AI.... BTW, have you tried out Daz's new AI Studio over there?

Frank21
    Participant

Why use AI Studio when you can do the same with Daz characters in Stable Diffusion img2img with more control, much faster and completely free?

Charley
    Participant

@frank22 I was curious, so I tried it out. Not too impressed, though. I far prefer SD.

Frank21
    Participant

I appreciate that not everyone wants to learn a new prog and the installation process for SD can be daunting. The results with SD still remain very unpredictable.

Ethiopia
    Participant

I (finally)got SD installed with the aim of improving my vast collection of vintage ad scans. As you said, results are all over the place. I've been using the Topaz Labs versions of noise reduction and focus, and find them MUCH better. I assume that Topaz Labs has trained their versions to do what they want. I just started playing with SD using the pile of Loras I've saved from Civitai. Results are......-------????? but ocassionally Wow! AI is like a puppy, full of enthusiasm and possibilities but needs to be leashed, trained and controlled. But it's slowly getting there.

Charley
    Participant

@frank22 Yeah, it's definitely that alright. But, sometimes the trial and error part is the best - it makes it all the more rewarding when something actually exceeds your expectations and turns out well.

eelgoo

I think the nearest we are likely to find is an NLA from the totally excellent Inception8

Here

🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like