Own Folders VS Smart Content

Home Page Forums General Chat Own Folders VS Smart Content

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Laser
    Participant

How do you make Folder Structures instead of using Smart Content ?

Well, smart content is a god ide but some installed content do not work like that and seems to be placed on different places and is hard to find finally.

"eelgoo" seem to solve this with a Folder structure and it seem to be good, I will do similar.

I suppose "eelgoo" Folder Structure is similar to below or can you upload a picture of your Folders ?

Name1/V7/Dress/Content/data/
    Name1/V7/Dress/Content/people/
    Name1/V7/Dress/Content/runtime/

Name2/V7/Sweater/Content/data/
    Name2/V7/Sweater/Content/people/
    Name2/V7/Sweater/Content/runtime/

Or is it other suggestions so please explain or upload photo of Folder Structure

Kind regards

silverboaX
    Participant

content stores its own relative paths so if you make your own folder structure, a lot of things won't load properly. DAZ doesn't handle missing files well at all.

eelgoo

Daz Studio is actually more tolerant of where things are put than Poser
    & will usually ask you to locate files that it is looking for if they are not where it expects them to be.

I think it best to try to keep postings on this subject together in one thread for ease of access.

I'll try and address the issue raised here:

' https://zonegfx.com/forums/topic/manual-install-to-ds/ '

🙂

EvilMonkey
    Participant

I don't use "smart content" at all as at first I didn't like it as the order keeps changing depending on what is selected in your scene but upon reflection of the fact it indexes all the content in your library and most of mine isn't paid for.... I'd rather just keep it dumb.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like