October Pumpkin Carvings

Home Page Forums Art Showcase October Pumpkin Carvings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mystic Fortune
    Participant

Typically, around this time of year I decide to start carving pumpkins. I began carving pumpkins in 2010 as a way to take part in a contest. I started will real pumpkins, but realized that regardless of the measures taken to preserve them they wouldn't last but a few weeks. My contest entries never actually made it to that years Halloween. So the following year a began looking for alternative methods, and discovered that my local craft store carried these polyurethane foam pumpkins. While typically moderately expensive during the off season, they become a real bargain the closer it gets to the fall season.

Here are some of my pumpkins from past years.

Universal Monsters
    Universal Monsters

Ghostbusters
    The Ghostbusters

Hollywood Slashers
    Hollywood Slashers

Most of the foam pumpkins in my collection are between 5-7 years old. These things will last forever, and the bonus is they are water resistant so if they get dirty from setting in my storage cupboards I simply give them a quick rinse and they're good as new.

Tomsk
    Participant

Boy do they look awesome! Loving the classic horror villains! AND FREDDY! Yay!

Cassandre
    Participant

Those are awesome! You're really talented!

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

Thanks @miarka and @tomsk! Although, as much as I would love to take 100% credit, the patterns are stencils that I've purchased from around the internet.

I actually redid my Wolf Man pumpkin this past weekend since my uncle came down and purchased a few pumpkins from me to replace one that got stolen out of his yard last year.

WM-stencil

WM-detail

WM-finished

Tomsk
    Participant

Stencils or not, you still have to have the patience for it:D
    And a liking for pumpkin!

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

Patience AND a steady hand, since I'm working with a heated tool with a razor knife attachment... lol

Adelasia
    Participant

Awesome love these !!

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

Rick Grimes and Negan from The Walking Dead, carved them last night in anticipation of the premiere.

TWD Pumpkins

Had planned to carve a third one, Daryl Dixon from the show as well, but didn't get to that one before the premiere and by then I just wanted to relax.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like