Now You Can Add Custom Content (beta)

Home Page Forums General Chat Now You Can Add Custom Content (beta)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Hunter
    Keymaster

I hope you guys get what its mean 😀
    Now you can post your own created model
    For now user have to give away 500 points for getting your creation
    and you will get 250 points
    I will increase or decrease depend on the feed back.

Please do some test and let me know if i need to add or remove something
    From Add post page
    ~https://zonegfx.com/add-custom-characters

ADAM
    Participant

Great idea. Might be a bit pricey. But that will eat up some high rollers points. I might suggest 200 with 100 kick back. Though 250 may get some lurkers involved.

There are really nice characters here for 50

Definition of what a custom actually is. Is it just morph presets or actual personally created morphs?

Hunter
    Keymaster

There will not be so much Custom Characters i think
    very few people can make stuff i think ... so higher point seem good
    as they make something and share with you guys ....
    It can be anything related to graphic 😀

ADAM
    Participant

Ok sounds great. Im guessing this is zbrush type morphs and homemade texture level stuff then. Will be nice to see some custom clothing also.

Slackwave
    Participant

@Adam I'm a bit perplexed. If one is talented enough to Zbrush and create his own textures, why wouldn't he just post its creation to the official Daz or Rendo store and make real money ?

Hunter
    Keymaster

Mainly user will upload custom morphs ... prop ... pose ... this kind of thing
    and for advance modeling If anyone want to test there work they submit here before they can apply at Daz or Rendo ... They dont accept new artist easily 🙁

Morri
    Participant

Instead of "Custom Characters", could we make it "Custom Content"? That way it doesn't just cover morphs but also custom textures and the like.

Hunter
    Keymaster

@nemain yeah you are right ... i will change to that 😀 will be more sense 😀

PhantomF4
    Participant

Cool. Now I need to find a good tutorial on packaging the files. And then model stuff. And model stuff correctly.

When I model for myself, I just need to make sure it’s good enough to render well. For y’all. It would need to be proper.

Although I’ve downloaded plenty of models from Turbosquid and such that looked good, but upon close examination were a total mess.

ADAM
    Participant

@ultrabald

It would be listed here in a few weeks anyway right? So Ill buy it for 50 instead of 500.

Looong ago when I was young I messed with texturing Quake and Vampire figures.
    I messed with SIMS in Milkshape I think also. I made a few Poser morphs.

Everything I shared for free except the poser morphs since I lost interest and quit for awhile. If you go here https://www.nexusmods.com This has been free since the dawn of time. They not long ago implemented a donation button "I think". Also "I think" there was some talk about it becoming a pay sight and shit was slung everywhere.

You either share our you dont. You do it as a job or for fun. Some people do both. Just look on sights where people sell AND offer freebies.

Most stuff Ive read from sellers say they do it FULL TIME since thats what it takes to be good. If thats what you want to do then a pirates sight is probably not the best place to get your content. I suggest BUYING Zbrush and Photoshop. Buying all other plug ins your require and posting your content on Daz3d IF they accept it.

Also check out https://www.sharecg.com where people upload stuff for free till not long ago they started selling. And most of what sells is worse quality than the free stuff.

IF I decide to tackle Zbrush, anything I think worthy will be uploaded here. If I make a texture it will be uploaded here.

You either get sharing or you dont. You are either the kid that has a ton of toys but no one to play with because you dont share or you're the kid that everyone comes over to play with because what you have you share.

If this forum were full of selfish people it would be empty and pointless.

Pearl Waters
    Participant

Are partial morphs acceptable to share? I have a few torso-only custom morphs I might want to share after polishing them up a bit.

Amber
    Participant

You know, I was thinking lately of doing some Zone-Exclusive content for y'all...
    -as far as the credz price: I agree with @d0gg0d, might wanna drop it down a hair...
    and as @nemain says, this should be all-inclusive; any content could be a Zone-Exclusive product...

@ultrabald
    : sometimes we just want to do a nice thing for our own little community! Sure, some of us could draw richbux from DAZ shoppers, but maybe we just wanna make a little something for our fwenz 😀

As far as original characters go, I gotta hold off on this; my chars aren't "ready for primetime"- you won't want 'em, and they'd negate my local followership :p
    But seriously, let's see where this goes, there's potential in Zone-Exclusive content!

LocoLolo
    Participant

I look forward to seeing some serious contenders

ADAM
    Participant

@cowrie

I think its beta so that means testing the waters. Give it a shot youve got nothing to lose.

As another user said, I think it should be labeled content not characters. This way we can see clothes, hair, morphs, textures, ect...

A full character is no small undertaking and as stated above also, out of the abilities of most users. Ive seen several characters for sell using very poor textures with $20+ price tags. After examining them I find they have a custom face and pre-dialed settings with a modified merchant texture. So the only real work they did was a few facial morphs.

A real custom character IMHO is like this.
    https://www.daz3d.com/carnomoloch-character-and-outfit
    I dont expect this level of detail or quality free but this is extreme custom.

Id expect to see something along these lines.
    https://www.daz3d.com/drax-for-genesis-8-female

ADAM
    Participant

Also some form of character/item discussion "may" be wanted. Id hate to drop 500 points on a character requiring something I dont have and not listed or one that when posed looks like a melting wax figure. Also clothing that pokes through (a lot). ect...

Do you think thats a good idea?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like