Night of the Wolf

Home Page Forums Art Showcase Night of the Wolf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard G
    Participant
    EvilMonkey
    Participant

I like the idea here but there is very little emotion on the woman's face and the composition is very lacking. Personally I like the way the wolf is far away, slightly in mist and unnerving without being energetic. It's like the confidence he has that he will get his prey means he doesn't have to move. You've got depth in the scene, with a gravestone in the foreground giving us an insight into the scene and the misty distance that shows some shape but no definition to distract the eye.

But there is a lot of "wasted space". You've got 2 figures in the scene, one is in the background and the other is on the far left of the image, nearly exiting the scene. The right hand side is then dominated by a prop and dead space. You could have cut off the picture through half of your gravestone on the right to try to even the composition. Then what I would have done would have been to move the figure of the woman about two foot to the right and maybe even toward the camera a little. Then you could light up the woman a little more and you could use her flailing arms to fill the rest of the picture and add some energy. The space created on the right side of her body would also frame the Werewolf behind her and add to a bit of "Horror Pulp" composition.

Anyway, it's just my opinion. 😉

Schmitty
    Participant

I like the picture. It has a Friday the 13th vibe to it.

Constructive Criticism-

• IMHO, crop the image to where the vines on the right side of the shot are. The wolf looks good, maybe give him more of a 'pounce' to his stance if you want.

For the girl, lower her center of balance and change the hair. I'd suggest something that flows. The expression needs some work too, but you can fudge some by covering it up with hair.

Lastly, this is just me, I think a bit more noise to the picture, or even 'tracking lines' like an old VHS tape would look great.

Richard G
Participant

ummm thanks but that is not what I intended to show lmao...I was going to add some night creatures to the scene like bats or owls maybe, this one I haven't decided yet. Oh wait, I did intend to show this one lmao... I forgot all about it lmao.....

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like