New V4 Characters???

Home Page Forums General Chat New V4 Characters???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    eelgoo

Now, far be it from me to diss either V4 or those, like myself, who still love her, but really?

V4 is now a Great Great Granny!
    Why are merchants still releasing new characters for her?
    Surely there is nothing left to re-invent for V4 now?

Yes, she was a great base & there are lots of really superb characters for her, which I still value.
    Is it comfort zones or laziness?
    Come on, G3F is a great base character & arguably G8F should be even better once her possibilities get explored?

What do you think?

🙂

Kassie
    Participant

I just get the characters to use for the textures, plus some of them I GenX over to a newer character if I love the face. I used to love V4, still KINDA do, but her bends and joints just look weird in most poses.

eelgoo

That is exactly how I use V4 these days.
    As a morph &, in a few cases, texture resource.

🙂

coolcat
    Participant

V4 is a sweet heart tons of stuff for her but she needs to retire and let the newer models carry on the flame. lol the vendors need to concentrate on making a lot of the cool stuff V4 had adapt and or improve for the newer models in my opinion and I still use her once in a while as u can see in the one contest I entered.

Tucker Pope
    Participant

As noted before, V4 was the single most used figure going as far as Genesis 2.

Pretty sure, Daz rhetoric aside, V4 is still the market leader, or close to it.

I can guess why. A, support. People keep making stuff for her. That a virtuous circle. It feeds itself.

B, Design. Genesis is technically superior to V4 in very way by one. V4 supports INJ.

With INJ based morphs, Victoria 4 only has to be as complex as you want her to be.

Because Genesis use a channel system that loads everything all at once, Ever product you add to a genesis figure increases said figure's foot print (Personally, I mean to limit my G8 install to my own custom characters and to shaping morphs, to keep the bloat under control).

C, people are afraid of change. V4 is going away as more n00bs join the fray and start with a Genesis figure. Meanwhile, the Poser advance figures just don't seem to making a splash with the content creators. So there's scads of V4 stuff, scads of Genesis stuff (In fact, I suspect G8's massive backward compatibility is less about user options and more about making G8 a V4 killer. I think Daz is beginning to get a bit peeved that their biggest competition is their own "obsolete" figure. Giving G8 access to everything back to Genesis, out of the box, means G8 starts life with library that is both competitive with V4 and different from V4). Given that the advanced figures do exist, and given that V4 won't die, one concludes that some people, bot vendor and user, just don't want to upgrade when they got something that works in hand. (And some other vendors are happy to take money from a solid looking market that Daz just isn't in anymore.)

That's my theory. Just as a supporting point, Aren't the celebrity obsessed over at forender pipelining everything they do through V4, still? (Despite the fact that, if they had a solid handle on G3, it would likely be easier.) Sounds like someone working with what they know (Poser and V4) because switching to G3 and Studio would be a lot of work.

eelgoo

A well reasoned & eloquent reply, as ever! 😉

Tucker Pope
    Participant

OT, but this the only place I can reach. Is it just me or most of the site backend being eaten by 500 errors?

Sunny
    Participant

No its not just you,, I am having that problem as well

Tucker Pope
    Participant

Well, I guess the blog is up so the cor functions work. It's really weird this thread works too. It's be interesting to know if any others do, but I got no URLs I only ended up back here because I accidentally clicked on the link on the home page. My comment about why I think V$ lives, I submitted it and got the 500.

So I was surprised it went through, got a bit twitchy. end up back here.

eelgoo

I'm a bit surprised more folk haven't voiced their opinion.

I was expecting it to get more responses really.

Perhaps folk aren't that bothered about what vendors are putting up.

:0/

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

I used to use V4 exclusively, but once I discovered 3feetwolf's NGV7 all bets were off. Although, I still use V4 as a base for head morphs to be transferred to Genesis 3 Female, mostly for the substantial collection of celebrity morphs that I've acquired. But also, because I am familiar with V4 textures and how I taught myself to apply the shaders to said textures, so using them on G3F eliminates the needless steps of having to painstakingly adjust the materials of G3F characters. Being one of the few people to request a V4 UV compatibility update for 3feetwolf's NGV7, and actually having said request filled might have something to do with it too...

Calinda Gulanni
    Participant

I love V4. I have used Poser so long i find it hard to fathom Daz Studio. And the python scripts dont seem to work on my Poser install. So even trying to import Genesis via DSON ends in a system crash.
    So i'm stuck with her for the time being, i would love to try some of the new costumes, but i find that V4 covers all my needs at the moment 🙂 xx

eelgoo

Yes, I used to be in that situation.
    As an ultra-realism freak what goaded me into the change was Iray.
    Having got to grips with DS,G3F & G8F I would never go back to Poser.

🙂

Calinda Gulanni
    Participant

I understand. I would love to be able to use DS and the newest assets, but i periodically try DS and cant get my head round it lol.
    Ten years using Poser and it's ruined my ability to learn new ways haha!
    I guess for that reason i'm grateful that some vendors still support V4/M4. Personally I think I would like to still see her supported just so the market has great variety, but I can totally see why her continued presence might not make sense to Genesis users.
    In an ideal world I wish I could use both 🙂 xx

Sunny
    Participant

I started with poser then moved onto daz as my laptop crashed a lot with poser. Daz once you get a grip on it is great, still learning lighting with it though, iray can be a bit hard to get your head around

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like