My OC Night Sister thalia Vrynn

Home Page Forums Art Showcase My OC Night Sister thalia Vrynn

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ReilanT
    Participant

Thalia Vrynn

hope you like her

ADAM
    Participant

My first impressions when I look at it are.

First the skin looks a bit like plastic. Of course its an alien so its hard to judge what exactly an alien skin texture is.

Second, the lightsaber looks huge compared to her size. My scale has never been perfect so I could be wrong but "to me" it looks like it could be a bit shorter in the hilt.

the nvidia logo ruins the composition. Serves no real purpose. You already have your signature. Why make it an nvidia ad?

Her face has no detectable expression. I am very bad about forgetting this because I like the default blank look.

All the colors blend together. Skin, hair, rocks, sky all are same color. Only the outfit and saber stand out.

On the up-side I like the lighting off the saber and the pose is interesting. Better than Disney is doing ATM.

ReilanT
    Participant

thanks for your Feedback for the "plastic" like skin, i dont have this feeling when i look my render on Dazstudio i use Sylvain ( sylvanas ) skin with personal facepaint :).

it's true, if i will rework this pic, i maybe rework the light on her face for see better my work on facepaint 🙂

For the light saber, to be honest i use one of 3 pack of lightsaber from daz dont remember the name, i dont have this feeling is too hudge, but i will see that for the next render 🙂

for Nvidia logo, it's only because i love Iray Rendering engine, i dont know if you know that but Daz have 3 or 4 rendering engin, 3Dlight, Luxus, Iray and octane ( 3thparty ). i dont have any return by Nvidia it's only because i love Iray !

thanks for your Feedback and sorry for my Bad english *wink*
    best regard
    ReilanT

ADAM
    Participant

Thanks for listening. I am not great at Daz3d and I use to like Star Wars till disney happened.

Looking at Mauls saber in movie clips your estimate looks close. The info on Star Wars states its 21" total for the hilt. Less than 2 feet. Average shoulder width for a woman is 15-16 inches. So a "normal" human woman would have a saber slightly wider than her shoulders. A well built athletic alien woman might have one equal to her shoulder length. Most big women still wont be wider than a man. Average male has shoulders about 17-18. So your sizing could be spot on but I tend to think "an elegant weapon from another time" has no need to be bulky and size can be deceiving without a reference point.

globalrecession2009
    Participant

First thing that caught my attention was = whats wrong with her arm?
    Amputee?
    But then i see no she has an arm but the clenched fist is lost because it is parallel with the arm.

Just turn the figure around bit so the body language can be more effective.

I show you example of a figure with the type pose i mean.

If i point out problems or issues with things then i like to show pictures of how i would correct them. The pose is just for fun just to show you what i mean, dis regard the outfit. 🙂
    https://postimg.cc/ftPLw6cq

ReilanT
    Participant

Just want to say Thank for feedback 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like