Missing Badges

Home Page Forums General Chat Missing Badges

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    gts6
    Participant

If rank is determined by current points, what does the second number of rank represent? What I mean is, if you hover the mouse cursor over the rank badge, theres 2 numbers there, one equals the rank, but theres a second number as well. Whats that for?

Frank21
    Participant

Ha ha @Enjoyify, I was waiting for that.

@Ethiopia
    - as mentioned it's a points thing. I think I'll get to Rank 4 when I get another 4000 points (150,000 in total), but I keep adding points to all the art comps so it may take some time.
    Edit - the second number is your position in a thread page.

Ethiopia
    Participant

I don't think that that's at all proper. You could get a higher rank just by visiting every day and saving visit points.

One should climb higher by posting items, giving points to art contests, running art contests, helping folks in the forums, giving points away to the pointless ("me and my arroooow, straight up and narroooow") and other contributions to the place.

enjoyify
    Participant

@Gts6 Good question. I assumed it was a sub-rank to show how close people were to the next rank. But looking at them in this thread, that wouldn't make much sense.

@Ethiopia
    I like having something to show that a member is active and/or has been around for a while. Point total/rank is one way of doing that, but flawed for obvious reasons.

@Frank22
    I'm testing your theory. EDIT: Looks like that's not the threshold, unless it takes some time to update.

Frank21
    Participant

Yes I agree Ethiopia that would be nice. But it would mean making a new points system and boots on the ground to administer it, that the site doesn't have. Let alone dealing with inevitable disputes.... "I didn't get my points for helping so-and-so" etc. I see things like running comps, giving points to the pointless and sharing in Free Resources as charitable acts and conducive to the community spirit. Personal ranking aside, you don't really need many points anyway unless you're a shopaholic.

Frank21
    Participant

@Enjoyify - yeh that didn't work, must be a different threshold.... pts returned... see how charitable I am.
    So @Enjoyify, you're a Rank 6, what are the thresholds?

enjoyify
    Participant

@Frank22 Jeez... Rank 3s are so uppity.

Ethiopia
    Participant

@frank22, I wasn't referring to points, rather only to ranking.

enjoyify
    Participant

I don't know what the rank thresholds are. I know they get exponentially higher each time, but I haven't kept track. (I truly don't care about rank, if my sarcasm above wasn't obvious.)

Frank21
    Participant

OK, sorry. But with ranking currently only determined by points we'd have to change that system. I agree that the 10 points one gets for the effort of starting and administering an art contest doesn't seem equitable when you get ten points just for starting a new thread.

Frank21
    Participant

"Don't know?" @Enjoyify - and you call yourself a Rank 6.... pffft (with eyeroll).

enjoyify
    Participant

@Frank22 Have I mentioned the secret VIP sub-forums that are only available to high-ranking members?

Frank21
    Participant

LOL, what goes on there?

a

stachelzelle
    Participant

There are far too many lowly Rank 1s and Rank 2s in this thread. Please ask a Rank 6 for permission before offering commentary.

belittle

Frank21
    Participant

I'm a 3 so I feel somewhat relieved. We threes need only to kneel before the sixes rather than fully prostrating themselves like the twos and ones. Take that with with the same humor as @Enjoyify's comments.

pro

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like