Marvelous Designer Clothing Patterns, Presets & Textures

Home Page Forums Free Resources Marvelous Designer Clothing Patterns, Presets & Textures

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    silverboaX
    Participant

It's a lot of work to make the clothing work well in DAZ after you make it look ok in MD, especially if you want it to be Dforce compatible which seems to be all the rage currently.

Once you try to make clothing work in any kind of kneeling pose you will know the pain 😀 This is especially bad for things like robes, capes, long cloaks, full length dresses... you'll notice there aren't a lot of those items around, and if you check them out, they're normally pretty poor at leg bending.

That all said, both DAZ and rendo are full of women's underwear, and it must sell because there's constantly more and more of it, and it's easy to make.

Drazzilkniks
    Participant

The dForce compatibility is actually not so bad and mostly has to do with how you export it and what your settings are in dForce. Getting things like capes or dresses with drapes out onto the arms to look just ok without having to run dforce is a pain though.

silverboaX
    Participant

If you want anything other than flat fabric it's a lot more complicated than a clean export from MD. Dforce hates any kind of internal mesh collision, and setting up clothes in DAZ without their geometry intersecting if you have any kind of layering is awful.

I've done a fair bit of clothing for my own amusement to a fully rigged (read: can assume all base DAZ poses without pokethrough AND is dforce compliant) and it's not a fun day or three.

Merlina
    Participant

Well, yes. Even if you paid for the resources, even if they allow you to sell it without editing, no one would buy it anyway. I just meant, once you export out the piece of clothing, there's no way to tell how it was built (using pieces of the patterns, etc).

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like