In Daz what do Pins for Rot and Trans actually do?

Home Page Forums General Chat In Daz what do Pins for Rot and Trans actually do?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Itachi
    Participant

In ActivePose there is a pin type that does exactly what I would expect, it tries to keep everything where it is which is great. But outside of ActivePose, they have two other types of pins and I have found them massively frustrating and working only a small percentage of the time. My expectation with pins is that whatever part I have pinned (especially when pinning both Rot and Trans) is that they will try to stay in that exact position but normally what seems to happen is that they jump the instant anything else is moved even when if what is moved could easily accommodate the action and once the pin moves wherever it falls to (which is by definition not where you want it) then it behaves as you would want.

Am I just doing it wrong? What I really want to do with this is be able to get feet placed on the ground and hands on somthing, lock them in place and then I can move the body to look more natural. But as it stands I lock something in and all I know is the place and orientation I have whatever is pinned in is the one I will never get if anything else is moved.

Also if it worked as I expected it I would figure that locking the rotation would ask you either to do all rotation or you could set one axis it could rotate on but no others. Like put feet to the floor. Lock trans and rotate for the feet or even just toes and set it so it won't rotate side to side or front to back but can rotate on the Y axis perpendicular to the floor.

Corbeau
    Participant

Actually the pin/pose system has been broken in DS since Genesis2 at least. There are constant demands and recriminations in their forums and their usual answer is to release a new (more compatible) figure... of course still unable to be posed with a decent pin system. There are (unsubstantiated ?) rumors that it is a deliberate policy to pump up pose set sales... Others may think they are unable to repair a bad posing system basis.
    Maybe Daz Studio 5 ?

Ethiopia
    Participant

Of course it's deliberate! Everything Daz3D does is about money and if they can make more by foisting a broken product on unsuspecting people, they absolutely will.

Itachi
    Participant

Damn. I would go back to Poser but I really like Genesis 3 and love the way IRay comes out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like