iClone Users - Interested?

Home Page Forums General Chat iClone Users - Interested?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ShadowHawk
    Participant

I have been converting DAZ3D Characters to iClone avatars. I was thinking about making a pack of them to post here. If there is interest, let me know and I will create the pack. Thanks.

As an example, This is Anatomically Correct Chloe converted (no the gens do not convert) and placed in the Hong Kong setting in iClone.

Chloe in Hong Kong

Joaline
    Participant

@tysim1966

I am interested in your pack. Whatever the characters, I am a taker. It does less work for me. Thank you in advance.
    Greetings. Joaline

ShadowHawk
    Participant

That's 1.....

Perlin
    Participant

I'm in too.

ShadowHawk
    Participant

Ok. Working on the first Batch. Hope you like them.

Soeperman
    Participant

sweet... +1

ShadowHawk
    Participant

First Batch almost done. Doing the weight maps now.

Perlin
    Participant

@tysim1966
    Great. Thank you

Joaline
    Participant

@ysim1966
    Thank you very much

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am in, all head over heels

ShadowHawk
    Participant

I have them all converted, but DAZ clothing does not work too well in iClone even when converted on the character. I may release the models in a packet (Without clothes) and then release the outfits after that, once they are converted (Slow process)

ShadowHawk
    Participant

Ok, Quick update for those waiting.
    First, I did not forget about this. I have been literally working every day on it. I am sort of a perfectionist when it comes to releasing stuff I make.

I have figured out a lot about how to do this, it is not as easy as it seems.
    First, You can not use any High resolution meshes (just about everything I was converting were HR Mesh)
    Second, Everything needs to be Converted to PBR. And some clothing items are completely incompatible.
    Third, Weight maps can cause serious issues in iClone if you make any mistakes (Hair falling out, Dresses melting etc....) Even when it is right, Some clothes will still not work when transferring. Has to do with collision range, but to date, I cannot figure out how to make it all work without the clothes being severely distorted, or simply falling off because they are too loose.
    Fourth, Collisions in iClone have to set by hand if you want them to be real. For example, the hands by default are not collision objects, so they go right through the clothes...
    Finally, CC3 has a serious bug that requires me to save the main avatar after every change. On occasion Clothes magically jump off the character, and you can not simply move them back on....

Out of the 23 I am converting, I have 7 left. It will be all the base 7 females.
    After that I will do the base 7 males
    After those, I may do bundles for sub characters, or start on the 8's (There is a bug with them too in CC3 for some reason it does not always recognize them as a valid character.)

Thank you for your patience. I swear it will be worth it.... 🙂
    (and it will be a big download)

ShadowHawk
    Participant

Finally finished and uploaded. The image is from iClone.

Joaline
    Participant

@tysim1966
    I thank you very much for all the time you have spent. For the meticulous work you have done, for your generosity.
    Is there any tutorial on the conversion process?
    Thank you so much. Greeting. Joaline

ShadowHawk
    Participant

@joaline1985
    You are quite welcome. I learned a lot of new stuff doing it.

Tutorial? Not that I know of. I could probably write one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like