I guess I finally made it...

Home Page Forums General Chat I guess I finally made it...

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mystic Fortune
    Participant

I just found some of my 3DX stuff from a few years ago on a reddit style adult site...

This makes me like, internet famous, right? Someone thought my work was good enough to take from my deviantart page and re-share else where.

Tomsk
    Participant

Woohoo! We have a celebrity! 😀

Fail
    Participant

Its obnoxious to see that done...I've had my stuff taken from my FB and DA pages before and actually saw it being printed on things like mugs and phone cases and it was getting sold on eBay from Chinese sellers. Its one reason I stopped sharing my art, but now it feels just kinda pointless since its only me that sees my renders after spending so much time on it. Even watermarking was pointless since people can edit it out no matter what you do if they wanna claim it as their own bad enough -_- and my stuff isn't even good, they only took it because I tend to use well-known characters in my renders lol

eelgoo

It is the nature of the internet that things get hijacked.
    It has happened to so many people I know, even my daughter has regular issues like that.
    If it really troubles you that much, don't upload it.
    As to the motivation for doing it, if it gives you pleasure do it for yourself, or share it privately with trusted friends.
    Nothing wrong with that at all!

🙂

Ethiopia
    Participant

On the other side of the coin, we are pirating other peoples hard work.

eelgoo

Exactly so.

The King
    Participant

Indeed you are internet famous. I actually found your work on an adult Reddit I want to say a year or two ago maybe longer. So I googled reverse search to find out who you were.

nobdy
    Participant

*SQUEEEEEE* Will you sign my... um... Electron!? =D

Huh.. @Kooroe is a stalker! j/k

The King
    Participant

@nobdy I am more of a lurker. I check out art and rarely comment.

stalker normally want someone all to them self.

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

I am certainly not upset about this whole ordeal, quite the opposite in fact. I am thrilled. I got into DAZ as an outlet for my creativity once my favorite MMO was shut down. Several weeks into working in DAZ I discovered a couple of 3DX artists who used DAZ as well, so I began scouring the interwebs trying to find all the content I would need to attempt to recreate some of the characters used in their work. This lead me to trying to imitate one artists style in particular, which eventually lead me to creating my own artistic style inspired by the individual who's work I admired so much.

I probably wouldn't have stuck with DAZ or gotten heavily back into art like I am today had I not found those artists works randomly on the internet years ago.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Mystic Fortune

Good for you 🙂

I had a few (Ahem,,) artistic nude images take from the old Renderotica site and used in pay sites. A few artists found some of their images on the same sites and were pissed about it.
    I felt the opposite because I hadn't posted them to make cash. I willingly put them in the public domain and kinda expect them to end up elsewhere, although not on a paysite....

nobdy
    Participant

@kooroe Semantics *wink*

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like