How do you uninstall faulty content

Home Page Forums General Chat How do you uninstall faulty content

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    globalrecession2009
    Participant

What is the best way to remove all traces of a product from DAZ 3D.

Without an uninstaller for a product the only other method i can think of is looking at the product installer zip. I open it up and see where each folder is going then I follow that same path, and delete the content that way.

Anyone have a better suggestion

Errilhl
    Participant

Yes. Use DIM when installing. But yes, if you didn't do that, you'll have to remove it manually, which is a pain.

Kefka
    Participant

https://direct.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/110356/how-to-delete-old-content-from-daz-studio-library

"Daz studio content library, right click to delete"

i've never deleted stuff from my library.. on purpose.. so i don't know about an easier solution but from what i read, there isn't one.

Checkit1414
    Participant

Nope, GlobalRecession2009, i don't have any other suggestion. That's...exactly what i do to. And yes, it's a bit of a pain and very tedious. Fortunatly, it's not something i do very ofthen.

globalrecession2009
    Participant

im trying to clean up all the errors that show up in the log when genesis 3 loads.
    Mostly they are all morph errors that made load g3f time over 1 minute.
    If i remove infected content runtime and then add new content runtime with just the genesis 3f installed it will still give problems loading gen3f. The reason is that the user AppData needs to be deleted. When that is deleted the new gen3f loads in 3 secs. But as soon as i add old content folder back to daz it will get picked up again, even though im using the new runtime, the errors start to happen.
    Its a pain because my workspace profiles must be in the appdata cuz they get deleted as well when i clear the appdata.
    Im usually good when it comes to installing but lately i went a few weeks without checking after bulk installs and i missed the errors untill now and its a mess.
    Its a pity that you cant have seperate appdata folders. I wonder how the beta versions go when they are installed?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like