Hello, the new daz model

Home Page Forums General Chat Hello, the new daz model

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ShadowTek
    Participant

Genesis 8 is it called? What all do I need to start messing with this new model? How different is it from gen 3? why did it go from gen 3 to gen 8? Am I missing something? Or am I messing it up?

Is it worth starting with it? Are all gen 3 and below stuff incompatible with it (probably stupid question.. of course they are 🙁 )

Is there enough stuff out to warrent picking it out and is it that much better then gen 3 to warrent the time and effort to learn?

Sorry for all the questions. Just wanna hear opinions on what to make of this either new great model or money grap by daz.

ShadowTek
    Participant

Note Ive been out of touch for a long time (real life) so just kinda coming back.. though I did try and grab my points each day lol.

eelgoo

My opinion is that it is indeed a worthwhile step.
    It isn't the massive leap that G2F to G3F was, more tweaks & refinement.
    She poses more naturally.

It went from G3F to G8F as a long overdue synchronising with the equivalent Victoria model.
    The G8F autofit clones are somewhat limited, but with the recently released fit control for G8F,
    that is less of an issue.

The major change is going from a default T pose to an A pose.
    Apparently it makes manufacturing clothing easier as it drapes better.

If you can run IRay, I think you will like the results.

🙂

silverboaX
    Participant

I only started recently and only use G8 unless I need to the old orcs or whatever. There's good scripts for converting g3 poses to g8, and autofit does a decent job in my experience.

I make clothes in a t-pose mostly, I just made my own, some of the pose packs have them as well.

Pretty much everything new from DAZ comes in a g3 and g8 at the moment, or just g8.

ShadowTek
    Participant

Thanks guys for the responses.. So I got from here
    IM00042071-01_Genesis8FemaleStarterEssentials
    IM00042071-04_Genesis8FemalePowerPoseTemplates
    IM00042075-01_Genesis8FemaleHeadMorphs
    Genesis 8 Starter Essentials
    Genesis8FemaleBodyMorphs
    Genesis8FemaleExpressions
    Futalicious_G8F_Updated (whatever this is)

What are all the essentials.. only if they are found here on this site.. do I need to have everything needed before I start looking for clothes or the body make over stuff..

Are all the male stuff needed for G8 on the site?

Basically unless all the usual crap Daz puts out in different packs to get money that should probably come as one single package:
    ie..
    head morphs male and female
    kid/teen morphs (plus the head morphs, plus the body morphs etc, etc, etc)
    body morphs male and female

Blah blah.. you know.. the many many stuff they put out that you need to fully utilize the model.. that sort of thing.. what suggestions do you have that I should get to use this new model.. stuff I already have listed above.

Thanks guys for your time in your response to my questions!!

@eelgoo
    yeah I use iray, got duel gtx 980's 8 gb each.. can render really fast

ps.. on that note, whats the latest hack daz studio version everyone is using?

eelgoo

Well that rig should be well up for it. That is good news.
    Most recent DS is 4.10.123 public release, with no current public beta, though there has been pretty extensive closed beta testing according to the change log.

Basically they are following the usual Daz pattern, but vendor support for the sub base models is now pretty well none existant, which is probably good news for the end user as both G3F & G8F are excellent bases to morph from. I prefer them to V7 & V8.

They even seem a little light on the HD morph packs..

We haven't had Monique 8 HD yet, but we have had Charlotte 8 HD :0/

BamBoozler90
    Participant

Wait, are you saying you have a hacked version of Daz and use Iray? I didn't think there were hacks to activate Daz. Daz must be activated in order to use the Iray plugin.

3Danimenut
    Participant

I don't ever recall having to activate Daz, i simply downloaded it from there site and was off and running, only thing i noticed was at first the software ID'ed as
    DAZ Studio, now after buying a few Pro Bundles it now ID's as DAZ Studio Pro. I'm amusing that's only because of the Pro Bundles being installed.

Dragon
    Participant

There's an update for DS that says Daz Studio Pro. Its got nothing to do with bundles you've dowloaded. I just installed it yesterday when I was asking questions about emission lighting.

3Danimenut
    Participant

Ah, so it's just part of the latest update, makes scene.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

DS 4.10 is Free from Daz and is Pro as "standard", contains all the genesis starter essentials along with a few starter tutorial scenes and the tools to recreate them. You don't need anything to be "hacked" but you might need to enter a few serial numbers to use a few utilities within Daz.

silverboaX
    Participant

There is a hacked version out there, people say it lets you run stuff without serials but the only thing ive ever had trouble installing with the DAZ regular client is LAMH (which I never got to run)

ShadowTek
    Participant

Thanks for all the responses guys, cheers!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like