GENESIS 8.1 - Problems? Basic Advice.

Home Page Forums General Chat GENESIS 8.1 - Problems? Basic Advice.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    deviantfuk22
    Participant

not a fix for me. its like daz3d stopped running all of my third party content not just zg stuff

Goblyn
    Participant

I’m looking for a mesh/geoshell for Genesis 8.1 Female that I can use to add dforce simulation to breast, buttocks and legs, that won’t interfere with genital geoshell or vise-versa.

Does anyone have a suggestion for products to use for G8.1F or a technique to get the desired results?

SOLVED:

So New Gens for Victoria 8 now supports GF 8.1, and can be used with HS Dforce Breast for Genesis 2 through Genesis 8 which is also supported by GF 8.1. Finally, Meipe has an update for Fenderblender here within their signature, but I've yet to try using it in conjunction with New Gens... the shells may conflict with ach other.

I've tried using HS dForce Hip and Breast V2 for Genesis 3, 8 and 8.1 Females but the dForce for that set sometimes goes awry (the hip and glues will sometimes not position themselves the way you want the).

I'll have to run more tests to see what the best combination is.

PerfectZer0
    Participant

Off topic I am sorry but at wits end trying to fix my mistake. Do yo know of a fix for baked morphs onto my Gen 8 default Female?. Now my Aiko hybrid I made is my Gen 8 default, which also results in all my gen 8 models carrying the same basic looks into their designs as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@perfectzer0

First off the troubleshoot. Remove your custom morph from the data folder and see if the problem remains with the rest of your models. More info on how you made this custom character would be helpful 🙂

PerfectZer0
    Participant

THANK You @Billy Hill for your time!

Let me see, Sadly I am a 3 months in to Daz noob. Will give you the best info I can. I was trying to get her set up to package, and was following a tutorial, while watching the tutorial I seen the bake to transforms option in my menus. I believe I goofed when I chose update base mesh instead of vertex positions. Because I lost her base LoDs in the scene, Clothes no longer stuck and tried to fit, and everything on defaults was broken from that moment.

As for the file I am to remove. Perhaps a rough path layout to follow? I am unsure where you want me to look.

Final question....How do I zero out the applied morphs YET retain the look I created on models safely?? So I can NEVER do this again lol.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@perfectzer0

Backing up your work is always important as I found out on a good few occasions. I learned the hard way tearing clumps of hair out when I lost work or screwed up. All this can be avoided. Don't be like me, back up your work along the way 🙂

Can you see the dialed in morphs? If not it's gone wrong when you updated the base mesh.

Forget what I said about the data folder. I was assuming you'd created a morph and saved it under Author (Your DAZ account name) in the data folder. Any saved morphs should be there under your name. I always use a custom saved folder for my work so as not to screw up. Look in C:\yourname\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library. There you will see the file structure for Daz Studio. In it is the data folder along with the others needed for studio to work.

In future it's best to dial in the morphs you want and leave it without any further tinkering. Then just save the charater to a specified folder. I use a folder named 'saved' then make multiple folders inside for the different types of character creations.

Different libraries located on another drive also come in handy away from the main DS installation. That way I can do a fresh install and always retain my libraries and the rest without any further messing about.

If you can't see any dials applied to your character you can't zero out.
    What you could do, and I know you don't want to hear this, is start again.
    Follow the tutorial you worked from and mess up as many times as you want creating multiple saves for each step you take in your creation. Just name your save character with something like charcter-name-step-1 etc so you can go back and load up what works.

I won't be about for a few days so feel free post any further questions. I'll answer when I'm back.

Shivalik
    Participant

Any zip file of (Genesis 8.1 Male and Female BASE)? Thank you

AB
    Participant

The only issues I had with the G8 figures was the eyes load with the eyes set to white and the brows not loading the transmaps,

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like