G9 to G8 Character conversion

Home Page Forums General Chat G9 to G8 Character conversion

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RiddledWithFilth
    Participant

Hi,

just wanted to ask if there are already good ways of converting Textures and/or morphs from G9 to G8(-F in my case).
    I absolutely love the Textures and morphs of LDMum for G9 with there being only one problem. As the name implies it is in G9, even ignoring the fundamental problems with G9 like the awfull polygon count in the chest area my entire library is only for G8 and most products predictably don't work at all or have huge problems on her.
    That's why I wanted to ask if there's some way of converting at least the textures to G8F as I should be able to replicate the morphs but struggle hugely on Textures.

Any help is greatly appreciated

RiddledWithFilth
    Participant

And yes, I do know about this here product
    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-uvs-for-genesis-8-and-81-female
    But I'm actively trying to get around using even more geoshells on my characters.

ItsMeNotYou
    Participant

It would be nice to have a product that would convert them with a click or two.

eelgoo

There have been quite a few threads on this topic, but there is yet to be any straightforward solution available.

Personally, I am not bothered about the textures, because there are plenty of decent G8F skins around. It is just the select few better G9 morphs that I would like to see converted.

:0/

RiddledWithFilth
    Participant

Honestly quite understandable, of all the G9 Characters I've seen this one is the first where I really like the textures. Which is quite sad as I usually tend to find a few characters a week that I like on G8.
    And as much as I'd like to get into creating or changing materials on DAZ figures, not one workflow that I tried has stuck with me...
    Creating custom morphs with Z-Brush is a breeze, the bridge is everything it needs to be and more.
    But on the texture side, the photoshop bridge is quite nice, but I always have huge problems when it comes to the edges and it leads to seams on my materials. So then I tried Substance painter but the ton of manual labour required for each iteration doesn't quite work with my way of working (rapid, small iterations so that I always have numerous fallbacks and can adjust in any direction at almost any time without much hassle).
    So I'm stuck with getting materials that I really like and then just doing some minor adjustments...

Pharrell Williams
    Participant

@eelgoo what morphs that caught your attention?

gts6
    Participant

There's a software called Ultimate Unwrap3D, that will convert UV's from between all the different Genesis versions

eelgoo

@conkec1993

Well, obviously, it is all very subjective but these quite appeal to me:

Bluejaunte V9 Sepideh [DZ90843]
    CarbonCrow V9 Elanor [DZ90113]
    CB V9 Arceli HD [DZ87811]
    Daz3D V9 Amelia
    Daz3D V9 Angela
    Daz3D V9 Julia HD
    Emrys V9 Marisela HD [DZ88792]
    ES3D V9 Sammy HD [DZ0088]
    KOO V9 Emilie [DZ88802]
    MGHLM V9 Wrayth
    VYK V9 Milan [DZ87209]
    VYK V9 Sydney [DZ87788]

I also like HID & Mousso stuff.

Now, there is nothing there which I regard as a 'must have' but most are, 'I would quite like.'

🙂

Pharrell Williams
    Participant

@eelgoo Damn thats quite a list. Bluejaunte's sepideh looks really good. I think I could convert her, but I dont have gen9 installed.

eelgoo

With current methods that is an issue, unfortunately.
    I don't know if anyone has managed without a G9 installation, I suspect not.

:0/

Pharrell Williams
    Participant

@eelgoo do you have gen9 installed? If you do can you load up gen9, dial in her head morph, keep it at high resolution, but only at subd 1 and export the obj at 5 percent scale? We could just make a head morph for g8f and use the other bluejaunte's characters's textures. They kinda look the same anyway.

eelgoo

I don't. I never wished to install all the bloat TBH.

Yeah, that is one of the vendors that has a trademark 'family' resemblance.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like