FYI - 3D Space Battle Master

Home Page Forums General Chat FYI - 3D Space Battle Master

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dragon
    Participant

3D Space battle Master

2 Things for designing the Starfield in this tutorial.
    1ST: WILL NOT render using Iray. You need to use 3D Delight or it will render pure black.
    2ND: Change render background from transparent to black.

If I discover any other nuances, I'll post them here.
    I don't recall seeing/hearing anything mentioned about the render engine, so it kinda pissed me off after a few hours of frustration and lack of results before I decided to try 3D Delight.

The King
    Participant

I don't get dreamlight tuts anymore they are normally really bad.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

That's the trouble with a lot of the older informative stuff, it's not compatible with iray. Stonemasons "Winter Terrains For DAZ Studio" looks superb but the shader it uses to create the snow covered peaks and rocky terrain only works with 3delight. Still, playing about with another render engine isn't sooo bad.

Dragon
    Participant

I was a Poser user from 98ish to 09, then I hung it up and got back to drawing with my digital tablet for the past 10 years. Was never a DS fan until about 6 months ago. I use Bryce and Photoshop for most of my 3D sci-fi art.
    But now that I'm more into Daz Studio, I like to combine all 3. I can combine 3D Delight and Iray both, with Photoshop and Bryce. Just adds more flexibility and tools to the desk. 😉

EvilMonkey
    Participant

I first used Poser and Bryce when I got them on a CD from the front of a magazine but my pc was a piece of shit and couldn't spit out a render even within a day. That shows my age a little. I then didn't touch 3D art programs until about 5 months ago. Looking at the products and models that were around for the last few years I'm regretting not giving it more of a chance then.

Dragon
    Participant

Yeah.. We're probably in the same age bracket then. 😉
    Honestly, until now, with DS Iray and the G3s, I know I wasn't missing much. The learning curve for DS has been much easier this time. Even easier than relearning Poser. And THATS an accomplishment at my age. LOL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like