Following Directions

Home Page Forums General Chat Following Directions

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dragon
    Participant

How hard is it to follow directions?
    How hard is it to copy/paste?

I've said it literally a thousand plus times.. Comprehension is part of reading. If you don't or can't comprehend what you read , then you need more schooling in order to do so.
    If you CHOOSE to disregard the comprehension aspect of reading, then you don't need to be involved in public interaction sites like Zone.

I've always had a voice and I don't care if I piss people off.

Whats he talking about this time?

Item/Blog Posts..

When you change the item name, then it screws up everyones ability to search for it by its proper name.

You are told EXACTLY what to do and where to do it, aside from comprehending what you read as far as the instructions, and 99.99999% of it is copy/paste.

If you don't understand the directions, PLEASE ASK FOR HELP/CLARIFICATION. The only people who look like idiots and dumbasses, are the ones who DON'T ask questions.

If you CHOOSE to disregard the directions, here's a reminder.

This is NOT YOUR PERSONAL SITE! The directions and reasons behind those directions are valid and serve a very important purpose. If you don't/wont/can't follow those directions, then you don't need to be posting Blog Items. Your reasoning for choosing not to follow directions is invalid.

PRIME EXAMPLE:
    Original Name : Skin Folds & Creases HD for Genesis 3 and 8 Bundle
    Posted Name : Skin Folds & Creases HD for G8/G3 Females

WE shouldn't have to "figure it out"..

Errilhl
    Participant

Where's the like-button?

I couldn't agree more. This is basic. Like, kindergarten basic.

Could we, at the same time, ask people to stop double-zipping shit, unless there is a reason for it (like providing multiple files/pictures) - and even then, just upload to a Mega-folder - then the rest of us can chose if we want to download just the IM-file (which you should leave 100% untouched, like it was from DAZ directly), or if we want the full package.

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

I just ran in to that toooooo. sigh. I work with people just like this ... (keeps me annoyed and employed)

Checkit1414
    Participant

I have to agree with Dragon on this matter. There very few rules, but they are important. And that one is particularly important.

Naming the item's blog/post by it's original name is crucial and at the core base of this website's operation. It's sole purpose is to prevent everyone from posting items in a chaotic nomenclature way.

If everyone start naming items like they see fit and now how they were originaly created, it would render the search engine unusable. Which would in return make impossible to find what we are looking for and thus make this website in the end useless.

It's also to prevent seeing multiple copy of the same product under a different nomenclature. Which would totally clog the website for nothing.

Paul (Fuzzy3000)
    Participant

This topic has been an issue for some time - yet those it mainly refers to seem to be unable to make the change [to stop pissing about with IM files / adding folders / generally making changes to the original and pissing others off].
    And every time it is brought up - someone will respond that this doesn't really bother them etc. etc.
    That's the point of having to constantly repeat this topic - it does bother others, and your opinion does not matter - because you are too ignorant to follow the rules and guidelines for the benefit of others.
    Post all shares with the original file/folder structure and names - easy.
    Do not bitch about having had accounts closed or think you are being spied upon or you only do it for some kind of protection reason - they are all crap, and more likely to be a coincidence - or none of us would be able to keep our accounts open.

Errilhl
    Participant

I admit I do change stuff sometimes - like, for Renderosity assets (and Renderotica) - I do sometimes put up a custom DIM-file, if I've made one. It can still be installed by unzipping the file and just copying the folders, of course, but for those of us using DIM for installs, I find it a small added bonus.

Paul (Fuzzy3000)
    Participant

Not so much an issue for Rendo etc. These are not originally in DIM.

But for DAZ - just leave them as they were provided in the download.
    No logical reason to do anything else with them.

If you already do this - excellent.
    If not - please listen to the comments and provide content as you originally received it.

Also - for Rendo etc. - Content Package Assist is great at making DIM packages.

Dragon
    Participant

This is a different topic than changing content. Please don't intermix. I've already posted about that topic.
    This is strictly about posting an Items Name EXACTLY as it is, Copy/paste , so members can search and find items and not have to figure out what else it may be called.

ShadowDemonLord
    Participant

I agree with all the sentiments expressed above. Leave the install file/s as you downloaded them. No renames etc. Not being able to find a file because it is renamed is a waste of time as is people uploading it again because they searched and did not find a match.

If you think it is being secretly tracked give it one of the admins to upload.

SDL.

ADAM
    Participant

Things Ive found that "might" help a file to not be tracked.

Add some random small picture to change the file size.
    rename the file or at least put it inside another rar/zip then rename that.

I see no point in restructuring the entire contents of a file. It makes it difficult / impossible to use effectively.

If I can use a file regardless of minor alterations, "I" dont care much. At least it was shared be someone and I can enjoy it. I'm not going to bitch much about something that was shared freely unless it corrupts data/files and/or is not usable the way it was intended to be.

It should be a minor inconvenience to rename a file you download so you can easily find it in your library.

Dragon
    Participant

THIS IS ABOUT RENAMING THE TITLE OF THE PRODUCT FOR THE BLOG POST.......
    NOTHING ELSE

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like