Finally

Home Page Forums General Chat Finally

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ADAM
    Participant

Ok, this has been on my mind awhile So ill finally ask it.

WTF is up with all the versions of different base models?

I thought G3 G8 was the foundation and everything would be built on this.

Cant any morph applied to G3 G8 to get almost any character?

EvilMonkey
    Participant

Nope. Custom morphs are sculpted, usually in something like Zbrush or a similar program and then custom textures and the like applied. Then it's bundled up as "Victoria" or "Whateverfuckingnametheycomeupwith". But when you have a bunch of these different "morphs" you can mess with the dials to get some rather unique looking characters.

The Genesis/generation of the model is just the framework that the figure can utilise, the bones, base textures and all that malarkey.

coolcat
    Participant

it's a money grab, grab, grab!

Phibes
    Participant

That's why I've stuck with V4 for so long now, I'm scared of all those letters and numbers and shit. 😀

coolcat
    Participant

You can always use the skin texture on same generation but to get the exact form ie morph u need the right model or models and morphs. same as an expression or pose for say v7 looks good on her but than use it on say girl 7 it will not look right because of the different morphs shape if it was built specific for v7 but u can always ajust that

eelgoo

There used to be a lot more vendor support for the sub type models than there has been since the G3F launch.

Basically, they shot themselves in the foot by making the base G3F so good.
    That said I did expect more support for the ethnic variants than was forthcoming.

With G8 the low support of sub variants trend seems to continue, which potentially, from the customer's point of view is a plus, because it makes things a little cheaper.

🙂

ADAM
    Participant

https://www.daz3d.com/alexandra-8-starter-bundle

So isnt this another model? Cant you just sell it as a morph?

eelgoo

It is another sub base model, based on G8F mesh.

🙂

ADAM
    Participant

other than marketing, i just dont understand.

It seems like its being presented as a new model and not a character.

eelgoo

Daz have always been hard marketers.

Prior to G3F there was significant support for the sub variants from vendors.
    With G3F & G8F being so good, vendors seem to have become switched on to the fact that most potential customers do not have most / any of the plethora of sub types that Daz are churning out, but everyone that has downloaded the free Daz Studio has G3F & or G8F & that is where the bulk of the potential customers are; not so much with the really expensive sub variants.

Daz keep spinning these new sub types with hype & varying quality of bundles to boost sales.

Some hit the mark, perhaps most do not.

🙂

bill gates
    Participant

finally daz is waking up from cryo sleep after all these years of the "teenage fashion week" and purposing a real mature woman never to late

MikoWeb
    Participant

As far i can read some of gfx threads...it seems that you people forget one thing: Daz is free..so, can someone tell me how to make money from..a free software ?
    that being said, its also amazing...coming from people that downloading "freely" items to give lesson or whateva else on...how daz should market their 'very' own products !!??
    No really, r can you be serious ? Did i miss smthg or...?

ADAM
    Participant

Ill sell you a car that only runs on gas that I sell.
    Youll need to service the car at my shop.
    You'll need buy any upgrades from my store.
    3rd party items will work but work better with add ons I sell. There are literally thousands of extras you can buy
    from me to have more fun.

Here are the keys.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like