Duplicate Formulas Help

Home Page Forums Free Resources Duplicate Formulas Help

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    brantop
    Participant

Hi guys! I'm getting the error message duplicate formulas when I load Genesis 3 female characters, only Genesis 3 female characters though, this doesn't happen before until I installed new contents just a a while ago. The characters still load fine but I still don't want the error message to show up, it's distracting. Do you guys know how to fix this?

Sunny
    Participant

check your log to find out what is causing the duplicate problem, then if you go through and remove those ones just pop them in a folder separate to daz Restart daz and load a gen 3 female and see if that has caused the problem Sometimes it is just one or two items in your data files

brantop
    Participant

I'm getting confused in the log file though, I'll try it again later, I'll post the error here hope you can help me paralane 🙂

brantop
    Participant

@paralane it says error lggp srb. Do you think it was because I installed the skin merchant resource in the my daz 3s library? I think that shouldn't be installed there right?

Sunny
    Participant

I don't know what that error means. I have some of the skin merchant resources in my daz library That wont cause a duplicate formula message. To find out what the duplicate is open your log file and delete all the text in it, then save it. That way you will have a lot less to go through to find out what is causing the duplicate error. Then close daz and restart it again. I have heaps of those errors at the top of my log file and they don't stop daz from working or bring up duplicate formulas messages, Some characters, eg adorbs, have the same values as other data. Some rendo characters cause a problem as well. Try looking down near the bottom of the log to find them

Tomsk
    Participant

It would seem that @brantop is a life saver!

I too was seeing the dreaded 'Duplicate Formula' error message until I used the simple fix that he found on the DAZ forums!

A quick read and 5 minutes later, all fixed! No more errors!

The fix is something you can do on your own and you don't need a script or other download that I've often seen mentioned before. The example below focuses on Genesis and a missing morph, though once you know what to look for the same errors on Genesis 3 are easy enough to fix!

Duplicate Formulas Error Solved! Thank you Bejaymac!

The duplicate formula errors are easy enough to fix, DS4.5 or 4.6 will do it for you.

1) load Genesis into an empty scene, you’ll get the error message, just click it to carry on.
    2) find the offending morph(s) in the Parameters tab, in this case it Actor/Universal/Fantasy SciFi and it’s the HFS_Shapes_Head01 morph.
    3) Dial the morph to make sure it works and then zero it again.
    4) at one end of the dial you’ll see a little “cog”, click on it and in the little menu that opens click on Parameter settings.
    5) in the new window that has just opened you will see a Color A & a Color B, click on Color B to open the color picker.
    6) Set the color to 254, 254, 254 and click OK.
    7) Click “Accept” at the bottom of the Parameter Settings window.
    8) After that window closes go “File > Save As > Support Asset > Save Modified Assets”.

DS will do a quick scan of the figure and open a small window that should only have the one file listed, accept it and DS will replace the old file with a new updated one.

You can now clear the scene and Genesis will no longer give you that error from that morph, you might still get it from others, but you now know how to fix it.

ShadowTek
    Participant

OK I get this also when I load Gen 3 female, where is the log file? Also how do you figure out what the offending dial is? The log file? I know, stupid questions lol

Tomsk
    Participant

Inside DAZ load Gen 3 then got to Help>Troubleshooting>ViewLog

Then look for the recent entries and find the one that says Duplicate Formula, for me it was an entire expression pack causing the error. I uninstalled it and everything is fine now 🙂

Tomsk.

The King
    Participant

Thank for reposting this info. It helped to solve my Duplicate Formulas problem.

Tomsk
    Participant

Don't thank me, thank @brantop 🙂

Itachi
    Participant

How do you find where these morphs are. I just went through and did a search, I thought I found stuff, did the fix, and checked the new log file to find it pretty much the same. Also, is %20 treated the same as a space because many of the errors seem to have that. I just wish I could disable the messages since it doesn't seem to do anything other than slow things down.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like