Does anyone want to help me choose a mini pc among these?

Home Page Forums General Chat Does anyone want to help me choose a mini pc among these?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Zodiac
    Participant

Hello to all. I'm looking for a mini pc to watch Netflix, movies and use internet, but my budget is limited and I have no interest in hardware for years, so I don't know which of these products is better starting from specifications etc. So, does anyone have any advice for me?

(For now I'm looking to this) https://www.amazon.it/Celeron-Windows-64-bit-Support-Outputs/dp/B07ZV7HLVF/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=Mini+PC&qid=1573991227&s=pc&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExSFZJWTQ1WlhEOFRNJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTU5NzY3SVBZMDZORUNERzNLJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0MDMyOTQzSzc5UUNSVVhSTDRDJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

ADAM
    Participant

Ive no idea when it comes to new electronics.

I usually find few requirements then pick the one with the best reviews.

Errilhl
    Participant

Just a suggestion (depends on how much you're gonna be using Internet) - maybe just get a second-hand Xbox One? It'll do Netflix just fine, and support most modern (and old) codecs and will work just fine as a media center.

None of the computers listed are very good. You'll run into issues with harddrive space (given that they all run Windows 10), and the amount of RAM they have means they'll be underpowered (not to mention the abysmally bad CPUs).

As I said, perhaps consider a used console, which will allow you to game as well, if you're so inclined (and does have a web-browser, if you want to use it).

Other than that, again, perhaps a used laptop or desktop computer? You'll get a lot more for your money if you buy used, especially if you buy a few generations old desktop - you can probably get way better / faster hardware than those mini-PCs.

ADAM
    Participant

Cyber Monday is coming soon and Sony snd Microsoft both announced new systems. The old systems should drop in price.

Dragon
    Participant

Id suggest a tablet if thats all you want it for. I just upgraded my 7" Kindle to a 10" Kindle. Love it. I watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, TV (Dish Anywhere). Plenty of room to DL some movies. And you can take it anywhere.

John Lund
    Participant

Buying a good second hand is a very good alternative to buying cheap but under powered new stuff. There is tons of second hand machines that will work for years to come, to a tenth of the price for a new inferior PC. You just have to find your locale website for second hand PCs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like