Does anyone have a fix for the New Gens G3F saying you need an upgrade to the UV

Home Page Forums General Chat Does anyone have a fix for the New Gens G3F saying you need an upgrade to the UV

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Itachi
    Participant

So I have this all the time. I load up Daz and a figure and I can install 3feetwolf's New Gens without an issue but if I have to do it a second time or reapply the mats I get the error "You need to install the update package for this UV(Base Female)". I have reinstalled the package time and time again but I keep getting the error. Someone said that you have to extract straight from the zip for it into your library rather than copying it at all but I can't see how that could be an issue given all the data is there either way. This makes using the product very problematic. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Itachi
    Participant

After some testing with reinstalling again fresh and hopefully in chronological order there is no change. Also changing the UV on the base character just changes the error to use that name in the brackets. At this point, it seems like it isn't even allowing me to load it the first time. I am really at a loss.

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

When did you originally acquire the New Gens? Reason I ask is 3feetwolf tends to release free 'fixes' and updates on their product thread over on Renderotica's forums.

This is from the first post of their product thread,

Whenever an update package is released, it contains a latest script file at that time. So if you install multiple update packages at the same time, eventually you might get an old version of "New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa". In this case, if you run this old script, a script error will occur. To solve this problem, I have created a script upgrade tool.

Every time you have installed one or more update packages, regardless they are up to date or earlier, you can run "Upgrade The Script Of New Gens.dsa". It will automatically update part of the code of "New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa" according to the update packages you have installed. So that "New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa" on your computer will be always newest and the script error will not happen again.

Here's the link to the script update tool,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/61wmp5k3cau5fpy/Script%20Upgrade%20Tool.zip

Itachi
    Participant

I do have that script and have run it with no success. I will try with the one you provide to see if you have something newer. Honestly when I do run it I find that it seems to happen in a blink of an eye so I am not sure it did anything.

eelgoo

I think all that does is call up & re-install the most recent iteration of NGG3F that you have installed. It does not check for the latest version available.

🙂

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

I recall the error Itachi is referring to, and downloading and running the script resolved the issue for me. If all else fails, you could always post on 3feetwolf's thread, assuming you have an account over at Renderotica. They seem to be very willing to offer technical support for their products.

Itachi
    Participant

I have installed the script but sadly last night got caught up in other things so I was unable to run that script. I will try tonight to see if it works or not. If I do want to get on and ask on Renderotica I will probably go on and buy the pack before asking. It is a good product and worth being supported plus if I am going to be asking for support then I do think I should pay for it.

coolcat
    Participant

I just tried it and it worked for me I just ran the up date scripts

Itachi
    Participant

@coolcat did the script run so fast that you barely see anything come up before it is closed? Also did you previously have the issue with the error I was seeing? Because I just tried running it and it came up and down super quick and still didn't allow me to the new gens.

coolcat
    Participant

The script ran fast in the blink of an eye. this was my first time trying it so I never had an error before. just follow the instructions under hint i think.

Itachi
    Participant

I need to do some tests but I think I found my issue. I do rendering on one of three computers; a Surface Pro (while I'm out and about), a laptop (for when I wanna relax and watch some TV in the background), and my desktop system (for final renders). Typically I have been doing my tests and having my problem on my laptop. Testing it on my desktop I didn't get the error (The library the laptop uses is Robocopied to the desktop nightly so I have consistent assets between systems). I have occasionally had odd issues with that laptop which I think stems from a day that it slid, ever so gently, off my bed and hit the ground breaking the glass screen. The screen got replaced but I think that the motherboard or something was also damaged causing these odd issues. I will test on my Surface to see if I get the issue if not then the problem is the laptop and I can work on fixing that, if the issue happens on the Surface I will be back here continuing to try and find an answer.

Itachi
    Participant

Well... works fine on my surface. Looks to be an issue with my laptop. I guess I have to consider if I want to replace the computer totally or see about getting a new mobo. I should probably also test if this is causing the issue I have with the OOT Hairblending 2.0 not letting me blend the hair, even on new stuff they have put out which should have updated textures.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like