Do you have a legitimate copy of EG Zou? I need your help really quick

Home Page Forums General Chat Do you have a legitimate copy of EG Zou? I need your help really quick

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    johnsmart
    Participant

SOLVED. See below

Like most of us, I like to test software from sites like ZGFX before I make my purchase from the original producer. Right now, Daz has EG Zou on sale for a decent price and I want to buy it, but the copy I have appears to have very severe distortion on the underarm skin. I'm wondering if there has since been an update to the figure to correct skin distortion.

So, if you have a legit copy of Zou, would you please check for an update and update if necessary, and then please load up the character, raise the arms and look and see if the textures are distorted then report back here whether the skin looks normal or looks weird.

Thanks!

Niala
    Participant

I do not have Zou, but all updates of any product are indicated in the readme in the "resolved issues" section with the date and a brief description of the fix.

For this product,this section is empty in the readme http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/88708/start

So probably no update has been issued and the product is identical to your version..

Richard Yan
    Participant

Where there appears to have severe distortion is around here ?

If so, it comes from the normal map:

I haven't seen any update from Ergou ~ For the time being, you may fix the normal map yourself or lower the value of it on Body surface~

johnsmart
    Participant

If I raise the arms to 100%, the texture definitely distorts, like when you put on a shirt with sleeves on the character and the underarm area bends and the texture doesn't correct itself and then everything is elongated and doesn't look right. I don't know how to upload images.

How would I fix it by lowering the value on body surface?

Or then again, maybe that's just how the texture looks? I don't know

regardless, I appreciate both of you helping me

Richard Yan
    Participant

If what you mentioned is as above, yes, it's the textures problem. Texture maps of Arm and Body are not seamless. It should not be like this even if there's some Uv stretch under this pose on G9.
    It's not easy for the user to fix them... so I don't suggest you buy it for the time being.
    Or you may buy it and send a support ticket to Daz, asking for the fix~

johnsmart
    Participant

Richard, the image you posted shows the exact problem I'm seeing and I'm glad you were able to verify that there is a problem, even on an officially purchased product.I'm going to take your advice and not purchase it yet. As you know at Daz, there will always be another sale.

If you went ahead and contacted Daz about the problem to get the repair started, that would be great. But i understand if you don't want to

Richard Yan
    Participant

@johnsmart

No, I didn't buy it but just tested it. It was ever filled by edenSin. Perhaps you may PM him to ask for a check. But normally if there's no log of update on the product's 'readme' page as above, there's been no fix for it ~

johnsmart
    Participant

Once again I appreciate your help. Maybe I should just buy it and get the fix started? Then again, maybe the artist who made Zou doesn't want to fix it

Richard Yan
    Participant

@johnsmart

The artists of this product are Daz Originals + Ergou who's a productive PA and good at making characters. I think he will get it fixed after receiving ticket and identifying the issue. In case he won't do that, you still can apply for and get a refund anyway.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like