Daz Studio 4.9 install

Home Page Forums General Chat Daz Studio 4.9 install

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Rocky
    Participant

I have been using DS 4.8 and would like to upgrade to 4.9.
    Some of the new items out won't work in 4.8
    Now, if I install 4.9 is there a way that Daz can find out I'm file sharing? I have read that they can sometime back when 4.9 was released. Is there a way to install it without Daz knowing? Do I not use the daz connect and how? I don't use DIM. I install all my items manually. Can someone help me with this?

Colle O'Grbage
    Participant

if you block Studio (or any software) from calling home with your firewall, then it can't phone home, it's that simple

if you're super paranoid, you can edit your .hosts file, make yourself a Thinapp/WMWare (or other) portable installation of Studio, and then, to top it off, run it in sandboxie or a virtual machine, but none of that is really necessary for DAZ

Sunny
    Participant

I have 4.9. I only connect to the daz store to download content, then disconect. Most content I manually install the old fashioned way because I like my content where I can find it. Some add ons dont add into the main content but are under the vendors name which I dont like. I doubt that daz is checking what we have on our computers, that would be a monumental task

eelgoo

I never have used the 'Connect' function & never will.
    Everything gets a manual install, apart from any Beta DS I might want to try which has to be installed via DIM
    Any old exe installers I fire off to a dummy folder & do the manual install.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Tootsie

DS has spyware installed according to Kaspersky. KIS removed the offending file and Iray wouldn't work. Best to unplug your machine from the net if you're worried IMO.
    I've not heard the DAZ black op's kicking in anyone's door and dragging pirate content users off to Gitmo lately. Maybe that's a future feature of DS 🙂

Nvidia drivers now also collect user data but the telemetry apps can be removed.

All those nude renders should be for your eyes only, right? :p

Rocky
    Participant

I have Kaspersky and when I blocked Photoshop it won't open. So I guess the best thing to do is just unplug from the internet. Now couple yrs back I could block Photoshop with Kaspersky and it would open then. Guess they changed things with the virus protection? I don't want anybody knocking on my door...lol

Thanks norbertz.

Rocky
    Participant

Thanks Colle O’Grbage!

Rocky
    Participant

I do the same with manually, Tootsie. Just what I have read from others in blogs about installing 4.9 worried me.

Rocky
    Participant

I never have either eelgoo. Thanks for replying.

Tomsk
    Participant

I'm still running 4.8 blah blah number, and like many I too am reluctant to upgrade to any version of 4.9.

I heard thet when you first fire up 4.9 it asks to connect and you can just tell it where to go, and after that there should be no issues. Dunno if that's true though.

Tomsk.

Sunny
    Participant

I only installed 4.9 through dim, then disconnected and installed the essentials and pro bundle manually. My virus protection didn't report any spyware and it is all working ok. My render time is faster which I am happy with. I do like some of the new features. Shoes are a bit of a bug bear. There is a free script on sharegq for using g3 poses with g8 and v8. I got a friend to send it to me and that was quite good. https://www.sharecg.com/v/88527/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/G3F-G8F-pose-adjust-script

eelgoo

@Tomsk

Yes this is the case. On the 'Connect' pop up box there is a tick box to not ask again. Just tick it & it leaves you alone from then on. 🙂

Thanks for the link to the handy little script, Tootsie. 🙂

Rocky
    Participant

Yea, I think I'm just going to stick with 4.8 for the time being.

Rocky
    Participant

Thx for link Tootsie

Rocky
    Participant

Yea, I have heard that too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like