Daz store vendor name changes

Daz store vendor name changes

Home Page Forums General Chat Daz store vendor name changes

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of EvilMonkey EvilMonkey 6 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of EvilMonkey

EvilMonkey

said

Hi all, I’ve noticed over the last few weeks that at least 2 vendors have changed their trading name on the Daz Store and obviously there may be more I haven’t noticed.

The two I have picked up on are “Bobbie25” changing to “Barbara Brundon” and “Imaginary_House” changing to “Imaginary 3D”. A search turned up this thread which mentioned that “Moonscape Graphics” used to be called “retrodevil” but never noticed the change. It also mentions that “Bluebird 3d” has sold up and moved on and “Silver” mentioned that she is also thinking of changing her vendor name. Has anyone else noticed any storefronts/vendors whose name has changed recently?

September 10, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Profile photo of eelgoo

eelgoo

said

Depends what you mean by recently.
For instance _fenrissa_ is now Eichorn Art both at Daz & ‘Rosity.
There are lots that have changed their names, but there does seem to have been a rash of them recently.
🙂

September 10, 2018 at 4:10 pm

EvilMonkey

said

I have been reworking the organisation of my archiving, sorting all the products into vendor/artist as best as I can. But I get distracted and bored and sometimes only get part way through indexing before moving onto something else. It’s definitely a task without end… especially when I try to file away products which I find I’ve already done under another name. 😛

I’d not really taken much notice of fenrissa before but I think I remember seeing the name before at Rendo. Eichorn Art is certainly a better vendor name though, more mature, unique and professional. There only seems to be one product of hers over at Rendo now, maybe she’s moving over to Daz? What others have you noticed @eelgoo? Maybe we can keep a list current to track the migration?

September 10, 2018 at 5:02 pm
Profile photo of eelgoo

eelgoo

said

No others than those mentioned currently spring to mind.
As they are still the same vendor, whatever they choose to call themselves, I stick to the one name for the folder that they are archived in.

For instance Barbara Brundon items are still going to be in my archive as B25

Fenrissa was always a fine quality texture artist back in Victoria 2 & Victoria 3 through to Victoria 4 time.
Through illness she dropped away for quite a few years & relatively recently re-appeared at ‘Rosity with modern product. I noticed a few weeks ago that her catalogue was actually shrinking then, to my relief, she popped up at Daz.

🙂

September 10, 2018 at 5:27 pm

EvilMonkey

said

Yeah, I’m not to keen on the noses she gives her models myself, I personally find them a little odd. Maybe too big? Too bulbous? I don’t know, it just doesn’t look pleasing to me, although I’ve certainly seen people in real life that have worse and it doesn’t bother me as much.

September 10, 2018 at 7:01 pm

EvilMonkey

said

Okay, another vendor I just noticed, “Capsces Digital Ink”, I’m sure it used to just be “Capsces” didn’t it?

Do you think they’ve recently added some kind of updated control panel to the backend of the vendor pages? Maybe some vendors have been asking for a way to change their store name and it’s only just been enabled? I don’t know, shit like this just occupies my mind.

September 10, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Profile photo of norbertz

norbertz

said

Is Ironman13 now Zeddicus I wonder because the prop products and poses look very similar.

September 13, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Profile photo of eelgoo

eelgoo

said

I don’t think so, but what we are seeing is a lot more collaborations between vendors, not so much ongoing, but for one-offs.

September 13, 2018 at 8:38 pm

norbertz

said

@eelgoo

Hmmm OK. Is this sign of the times and are the wheels falling off the Poser / DAZ wagon me wonderz.

September 13, 2018 at 8:49 pm
Profile photo of eelgoo

eelgoo

said

I don’t think so.
It is just evolving.

🙂

September 13, 2018 at 8:54 pm

norbertz

said

Hope they can bring something fresh in the future. And If I see one more Angelina Jolie doll…….Grrrrr…..

🙂

September 13, 2018 at 9:56 pm

EvilMonkey

said

@norbertz

Ironman13 is a lady called Steph, I’ve seen discussions where some people have supposed that it’s a couple team but I’ve seen nothing to suggest that. On her Rendo Store bio she says her name is Steph and she’s been pictured on some promo art before along with a caricature avatar (https://bw-1651cf0d2f737d7adeab84d339dbabd3-bcs.s3.amazonaws.com/products/product_108196/Full108196_f19051bc80ec716fdf39909503e7c7c6.jpg).

Zeddicus is a couple based in the UK called Chris and Ava, there is a decent amount of information in their bio on their website along with a picture. (https://www.zed3d.com/about-us/)

September 14, 2018 at 7:01 am

norbertz

said

Thanks EM 🙂

Yes I recall Steph being Ironman13 and I thought her and her husband might be a team because she mentioned him frequently.

Never knew Zeddicus were based in the UK, thanks again!
(Will look harder next time)

September 14, 2018 at 9:06 am

EvilMonkey

said

Well, you’re another person that says Ironman13 is a couple so I guess it’s more evidence that Steph and her husband are behind that. I’m only really looking at the products retrospectively as I’ve gotten into Daz relatively recently so you’re more likely to be right than I am.

September 14, 2018 at 1:20 pm

norbertz

said

I think i13 and hubby might be a duo because of the amount of items that were spewed out at both Rosity and DAZ pre G8. That or she had help from other artist for a cut.

I thought you were a long time DAZ user?

September 14, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2013 ZoneGfx. All rights reserved.                                                            Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest