content file format education: exe vs DIM

Home Page Forums General Chat content file format education: exe vs DIM

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Don_k
    Participant

Simple method extracting the EXEs:
    In your VM/Sandbox/flash drive, create a Poser folder with an empty Runtime folder inside. Extract to there, run A/V scans, delete any STORE files, EULAs or thumbs.db files from the directory, use you compression utility of choice( WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRAR, etc.) to compress the Runtime to ZIP for manual install or just Copy/Paste to your Runtime in Windows only, Mac users must use a different method of install as Copy/Paste will overwrite the folder(dumb programming error on Job's part). After install for Studio users, run a scan for new Content inside of Studio.

For CDDS users, the program will auto-extract using the 7-Zip engine & run a Command Prompt Scan with your A/V software, then will create the DIM Zip & Manifest File(AKA Meta-Data). From there use CDDS or DIM to Install to your Library.

Don_k
    Participant

In either Linux or Mac you can create a Windows VM to run the EXEs inside of. For how to do that, just Web Search using your Engine of choice(Duck, Duck, Go: Google: Yahoo: Etcetera)

YBHT
    Participant

On Mac, there is a program called boot camp that allows you to install windows and to switch between MacOs and Windows. Windows is free, you download it, it installs. You get an emulation version, which basically means free windows, that lacks virus protection. Easley fixed by downloading an antivirus. Wine software allows Mac and Linux users to run windows programs. Wine needs to be installed threw another program, I use personally home-brew.

eelgoo

@bucyh & anyone else that might be interested, to keep things simpler & easier to follow I started a seperate, sort of related thread 'Manual Install to DS' 🙂

Bucy
    Participant

thxs much eelgoo.. think I found two entries to your Content thread so far.. will keep my eye on it... big education for me...

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like