Character conversion request (2000 points offered)

Home Page › Forums › General Chat › Character conversion request (2000 points offered)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1829986
    Mayhem
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    I need help converting a couple of k4 characters to g8f.

    Paulette https://zonegfx.com/paulette-for-k4/

    And

    Kaitey

    Kaitey for Kids 4

    2,000 points for whomever gets this done and working for me!!

    #1830104
    gladson1976
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 3

    Have you tried using this ?
    https://zonegfx.com/wear-them-all-autofit-clones-expansion-for-genesis-3-males-and-genesis-3-females/

    The description says..
    "This auto-fitting clones expansion is created to smoothly fit any Kids 4, Victoria 3, Michael 3, Aiko 3, Hiro 3, Freak 3, Stephanie 3 and David 3 conforming clothes to both Genesis 3 Female(s) and Genesis 3 Male(s) using the Auto-Fit feature in Daz Studio."

    #1830184
    Dimer
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    Wear them all is for clothes not characters

    #1830190
    Grouchy Old Fart
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 3

    Dimer is right. About the only way I can see it happening is to get and master Wrap, which converts shapes from pretty much any mesh to pretty much any other mesh: https://zonegfx.com/r3ds-wrap-2020-12-2-1-74-million-year-trial/

    #1830245
    gladson1976
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 3

    My bad.. guess my brain was cloudier than usual on the weekend 🙂

    #1830276
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    IMO there are better looking child Genesis 3/4 characters than the old Kids 4. After Angel Wings had a big fight with Daz/Rendo and deleted her stores, nearly all of her characters are no longer available, but some are still on here.... Christina, Aster, Tiffany, Ruby etc.
    I don't want to go into the whole AW vs Daz thing but let's say it left neither side looking mature and her departure from the 3D scene far less than cordial.

    #1830815
    Mayhem
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    Thanks for the info. The reason I want these characters converted is because I created my own hand drawn ocs using them and so now trying to use any other character for them feels/looks weird to me. If that makes sense?

    #1832673
    Lawrence Durrell
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 4

    Kaitey Well, I could transfer the morph using genx, sadly, the skin was impossible. I mean, I converted it using texture transfer, but Genesis 8 female doesn't read the converted kid4 skin.

    #1832905
    Mayhem
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    That's adorable! The skin I can do without or recreate

    #1832926
    wideload
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    If you're willing to put the work into it by wrapping one character to another, there is Wrap 3D, which I use and Grouchy Old Fart mentioned, or there's SoftWrap for Blender (also on here) which I've never used but it supposedly does the same job.
    They are the only ways I know of aside from sculpting one figure to match another.

    #1832952
    Lawrence Durrell
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 4

    give me a couple of days and I'll have both figures converted

    #1832984
    Mayhem
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1


    @wideload
    Im going to have to try them both and if I can fogure them out for sure!


    @durrell
    thank you so much!!

    #1833061
    wideload
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    @TashioBee
    I used this tutorial to teach me Wrap3D. It's not the best quality but it's the only one I found that covered all the steps for Genesis 8. It's also easy to adapt to full figure uses and he has another tutorial for face only.
    I recommend watching it fully first as he does make a few errors before correcting them.

    Hope that helps.

    #1833080
    Mayhem
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    @wideload Im gping to definitetly watch that, thank you

    #1838176
    Mayhem
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    Bump

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

 

Post You Might Like