Blatant Ripoff!

Home Page Forums General Chat Blatant Ripoff!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    eelgoo

How about this for a rip off?

Store Link

How about paying nearly twice as much as the original for something that is poorly textured?

Original

Store Link

:0/

Elim
    Participant

I've noticed that user on renderhub - and their prices are always too high. When I add in the exchange amount - it simply ain't worth it. The dollar here in Australia is about 66c to the US.

eelgoo

Way too high, especially when they are just ripping content.
    Makes you wonder where the rest of that store came from?

Shyne
    Participant

There's a fair bit of shady dealing at Renderhub.

One of the first characters I purchased from there had texture files that were taken straight from products by some of the really well known vendors at Daz.

They weren't textures that came from the merchant resource sets either and they still had the original vendor's name on the .jpg's.

Ethiopia
    Participant

There’s a fair bit of shady dealing at Renderhub.

I watch the non-Daz models and am always seeing lots of items from the large commercial studios being sold here. Most of it is stuff that's been floating around in various pirate sites for years.

scoobydude51
    Participant

renderhub is known to sell stolen assets and game rips. there's like no one moderating what's being uploaded and anyone can se their own prices, which is always open for exploiting.

that's why whenever i see game characters for Genesis 8/8.1, i notice it's mainly the same person, but only under a different alias, because they have been taken down before with DMCA by the major studios due to them being a 1:1 rip, but only fitted to the DAZ Genesis figure (which is extremally easy to do, hence why they upload so much so fast)

mxyzptlk
    Participant

I found it extremely funny that den adjusted his/their intro info. This was just after the war in the Ukraine war started, claiming because they have a team there and that is why their prices are so high. Their recycled crap has always been extremely high priced.

Ethiopia
    Participant

I did buy a few things from a vendor at RH until I found them at a reputable site. It's too bad too since alternatives and competition are nice.

Frank21
    Participant

I'm surprised that you're surprised by this @Eelgoo.

YanOma
    Participant

I do find it kind of ironic that Renderhub allows the sale of stuff that is basically stolen, or using the IP of others, yet they go about actively looking for Mega / Google, etc. links for content from their site and throw out takedown notices.

eelgoo

@frank22

It is not that it surprises me that it happens.

It was more the audacity, or niaivety, in which that particular example was marketed.

Very little attempt had been made to hide the origin of the model.

'Oh just change the texture mapping. No one will notice.'

eelgoo

@yanoma

It is not much different to how some of the pay piracy sites operate.

Getting uppity that 'their' content is being shared.
    It seems that both are delusional that they actually own the the items concerned.

Amber
    Participant

Mind-melting. But not surprising.

Very few actual artists on RH, but they stand out. DaxK is one, demonstrably unique models with unique assets.

CerealPirate
    Participant

$30 lmfao even my rips are way more detailed as far as shader surfaces. AND im not trying to sell them smh some people.

anyways i just purchased a Harley Road glide 3d model ... probably needs some work and rigging. I dont really have much time anymore but whenever I get to it you guys will get first dibs ... and it wont be smurf blue !!
    until then guys stay safe and happy rendering.

John09
    Participant

Hi, I don't have his or talidesade's "Nico DMC for G8F". So, just curious, how do you know they are same?

Same question for SC natasha, apart for the name (SC, I thought that was for second circle, not sure why guhz will use that name, specially if it's a forgery) how do you check whether it's same as other?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like