VOTE NOW Art Contest: Saudade or Nostalgia - VOTING DEADLINE JAN 31

Home Page Forums Art Competition VOTE NOW Art Contest: Saudade or Nostalgia - VOTING DEADLINE JAN 31

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    ADAM
    Participant

So far I have 3.5 entries. I was going to up them all at once but since this one popped up I'll go ahead and post my version.

I'm losing me. (Quote from movie: In the Mouth of Madness)

Larger size
    https://mega.nz/#!OK5VxCTJ!XGxBKSTaO5ocj1xk9aBUvhLwNMk9h1V69TrNi_kGIFk

( Some people will rip off ideas from you ( im not totally innocent) so Ive been trying to wait till last minute. Since This got posted, might as well splurge. )

ADAM
    Participant

I haven't always been like this. (Quote movie: What's Eating Gilbert Grape)

Link to image
    https://mega.nz/#!mWokmC6T!snx7ssn0AnxW9Eu9ynuN2jmFbEqk3luG-YWnTQI3S94

ADAM
    Participant

And with joy that is almost pain My heart goes back to wander there,And among the dreams of the days that were, I find my lost youth again.

Clip from poem ( My Lost Youth) Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Mirrors Suck

Nude version
    https://mega.nz/#!bW4xRKhZ!5JTJfPaa9ySQOqOx7zhuXGT3iX7wrrz-CIeQdCD1ezA

ADAM
    Participant

But she did not stop to hear a word (part of Grimms Fairy Tales: Frog Prince)

A little more light hearted entry

The Frog

https://mega.nz/#!XWxURa7J!zrlso2AREJh4uQvJf7LXVxml6N7gfTuO7k7WQ-rk6g8

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

I shall avenge you...

First Fuller Sized
    and because dark images here look so much darker, here is a lighter version

2nd Fuller Sized
    Both are the same entry, just some lighting changes above.

Castor
    Participant

Nice stuff coming through guys

globalrecession2009
    Participant

What the hell happened to you?
    What the hell happened to you?

Phoernik
    Participant

- "What the hell happened to you ?"

she might say:

"it's your fault, you leave me alone too often with your daz studio and your zonegfx!!!"

Dragon
    Participant

Honestly, I think the entries would have been better without the descriptions explaining the pic. In my mind, the whole idea was to convey emotions through the art alone.

Castor
    Participant

Dragon, you are correct. That is most certainly the theme/idea.

ADAM
    Participant

Just because it means one thing to me doesnt mean it cant mean something else to you.
    just like some of the music listen to means something different to me when I hear it that I'm sure the singer/writer didnt intend. I guess longing though is pretty specific. Kinda to late now 😉

Mark Sinister
    Participant

I'm not submitting anything because I wouldn't have time to submit the panel needed to represent this theme. Since describing the story that will explain the loss wouldn't count.

Anyway if anyone is interested in the image you can find it here. The story it self is the storyboard and the image is the last image in the storyboard. I was working backwards when I created it.

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

@d0gg0d @castor9mm @drgnmztr Agreed. I always felt art is to be interpreted by the viewer. Your mood, surroundings, life experiences and memories will influence your your interpretation. I'm sure some of what i posted meant something completely different then what it was perceived as.

@castor9mm
    , maybe a how did this make you feel section in the voting lol. Though if publicly posted, everyone's thoughts might be swayed by ideas and comments before they respond.

In this scenario, like you said with expressions being very important, you should be able to feel the scene with no commentary.

Dragon
    Participant

@aftyrbyrn "Commentary".. That was it. I was having a complete brain fart on that word , so went with description.

@d0gg0d
    Of course things can mean different things in the eye of the beholder.
    But if you describe whats going on in the picture with words, then the art takes on the role of a prop to visualize the described emotions. The viewer isn't left with anything to really interpret.
    If you're speaking of the description of the contest, I think that was pretty clear and concise.

I have other peers tell me that I should explain a pic in order to help viewers and fans feel closer to me, the artist. That it creates an imaginary bond in the viewers mind. Yeah, I don't feel that way. I always felt that a pic should be able to stir emotions, create a story in the viewers imagination. If I can do that, then I've done my job as an artist. When I do a show and someone asks me about a pic, I ask them what they see. I try to make them think and use their imagination.

@masin
    Thats taking the easy way out and not pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. Think of it as taking a single snapshot of one fraction of a moment in time. The most vulnerable moment.

@castor9mm
    sorry. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Mark Sinister
    Participant

I understand what you mean @dragon which is why I didn't submit anything. The panel that suppose to represent loss wasn't made yet. That image is part of a storyboard which I wrote in that link.

There's no way I can make anything "Special" for a contest within 2 weeks.

I could have taken the easy way out and just posted this:

Princess of Alderaan

But someone already posted a Princess Leia image and I created this a while ago. I don't really like posting things that I made months ago.

So there's nothing from me. This project is to hard for me to complete in 2 weeks.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like