after daz scans my other hard drives nothing

Home Page Forums General Chat after daz scans my other hard drives nothing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tony
    Participant

hi i need help please
    I have tryed but i am not sure what i maybe doing wrong
    I have ex hard drives but it see them but nothing new shows up no new models
    please help me i tryed everything
    thank you for your time

Fail
    Participant

Did you add a runtime directory for them in the preferences? My external HDs needed to manually be added for them to register in Daz. Goes somethin like this:

Edit> Preferences> Content Library> Content Directory Manager> then it should show you a window, pick "Directory: Add..." and direct it to your external HD, wherever you have the "My DAZ 3D Library" folder. Example would be something like "F:/My DAZ 3D Library" for the path.

ADAM
    Participant

Cant remember what i did but Daz will allow you to assign where it looks for files. If they are there of course.
    Browse it with explore to see where they are then make daz go there.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

@digitalzombie, Daz shouldn't be scanning any other drives that you don't tell it has a content library in. That would be invasive. As @rokkstarinc stated above, you need to assign a content library to the location on your external drive from within Daz Studio.

Also, it's "tried".

eelgoo

Mercy is quite correct.

Runtime mapping is not automatic in DS.
    It will default to the one internal to the DS installation.

From the Content Library tab, right click Daz Studio formats,
    click add a base directory & navigate to the runtime you wish to use.
    Click Select Folder.
    DS will now see that runtime & read from it.

🙂

tony
    Participant

thank you so much for all the help
    i will try and see if i can do it

ADAM
    Participant

Actually I had something odd happen. So I changed my Daz file structure today. And gave it a new target to look for by right clicking in the file structure on the top Left of the Daz Menu. But Daz kept creating the old file structure target file. I couldnt figure it out since it was looking at BOTH. A full and blank area.

Soooooo The problem was that the preferences in Daz was still set to the old file system. So I had to change BOTH.

This may or may not be of some help but someone may eventually find it useful.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like