about name of character

Home Page Forums General Chat about name of character

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone 🙂
    could someone told me the name of this character for capri hair. its a genesis 8 female:

https://www.daz3d.com/capri-hair-for-genesis-8-females

thank you;

coolcat
    Participant
    EvilMonkey
    Participant

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/285771/what-is-the-character-base-of-innocent-hair-for-genesis-8-female-looks-like-star-wars-heroine#latest

According to 'JGreenlees' - "She is a custom character of the promo artist, unfortunantly she is not for sale or available anywhere."

So it's custom dialled and used for promos by the artist only I'm afraid.

eelgoo

This happens quite often. I don't really know why they do that.
    Sure, there is 'exclusivity', but there is always someone who will say 'I would like to buy that character'.

It always comes over to me as a lost opportunity for a satisfied customer.

:0/

EvilMonkey
    Participant

@eelgoo, think of it from the promo artists perspective, he/she can offer the vendor a model that they can use across multiple products and still have a recognisable 'brand'. It also generates talk amongst perspective customers and more people will be aware of their product. For the artist it also get them talked about and possibly more promo work.

eelgoo

Well, that is certainly a reasoned point of view.
    I still think it is a missed sales opportunity though.

Kendra Denimore
    Participant

having been on of those poor souls on the search for the models used in promo's, I agree, a totally lost sales opportunity! I *DO* occasionally BUY things, ya know! lol

EvilMonkey
    Participant

But if it's a model 'dialled' in using other models features it can't be packaged up and sold anyway. And that's what I'm thinking it is, looking at the skin texture and features.

inc3d
    Participant

It looks like Osuine to me, the eyebrows and nose, not so sure about the lips. Anybody got Zbrush and an eye for sculpting ?
    i.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks everyone for answers and i agree about its an exclusive character that can not be buy.its a frustrating to see many accessories and models that not for sale.

eelgoo

@littlepleasures

A very eloquent & comprehensive reply.

🙂

EvilMonkey
    Participant

@littlepleasures, You're thinking about this from your end of the issue and not the way a promo image would come about. You're asking someone who is just using Daz to make pictures, to instead of making the prettiest model he can to just create one with generic resources so that he can then package it up and sell to you, so you can satisfy your own desire to have that model. Whereas the client wants his product (in this case a 'hairstyle') to sell and be recognised. And the artist wants to be able to market his talent at creating a desirable picture around the product he's 'selling'.

My eye picked up the same model being used on at least two separate products and their add-ons, marking them quickly as being connected and sparking interest because of the aesthetic content. If everyone had the opportunity to then use the same model the demand for the tailored promos would decrease and the recognition of the tailored content would diminish meaning the artist would (in my opinion) do him/herself out of work/money.

It's not a new thing for something advertised be presented along with something unattainable, perfume and fashion adverts use this trick all the time. Other vendors have utilised custom characters before, Aeon Soul does with 'Alice' (?) and I know there are others but I can't think of any off the top of my head. I know using an off the shelf model would make the whole promo more obtainable so that the typical consumer could create the same image but by utilising something that you can't have it generates a little desire and causes you to focus on the product in the long-run, even subconsciously. There have been studies, it's worth money.

The more annoying promos in my opinion are the ones that use readily available content but don't credit anything at all.

Slackwave
    Participant

Exclusive character ? Custom morph ? You guys are kidding us...

As said by inc3d, it's definately Osuine with *very* little customization. Actually I'd bet the vendor just didn't set the morph slider to 100% but 80 or 90% and that's all.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/osuine-for-genesis-8-female/126928

I won't rant at Goldtassel because he probably makes some of the best hairs available on the market but saying it is a custom character is way exagerated IMO.

coolcat
    Participant

I think Osuine is way off she does not look anything like her to me

Slackwave
    Participant

"way off" ??

Lips are the same, nose is the same (even have the same split/double septum), eyes have exactly the same shape (though they are a bit bigger on left picture). The only slight difference is the lower jaw which is a *very little* bit more massive on right character.

Considering Osuine have very specific facial features, especially nose/lips you'll hardly find anywhere else, I'm 99,99% sure Goldtassel's promo was built from Osuine.

Pictures speaks for itself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like