A List of Conversion/Autofit Items

Home Page Forums Free Resources A List of Conversion/Autofit Items

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Feymarcher
    Participant

After reading the 'Swamp Dump of Old Stuff' thread in general, I felt motivated to put together a list of items that I hope help you become more inspired to use (and share) content for older items, i.e. Generation 3/4, Genesis 1-2. New stuff is nice, but there's a lot of older gems that you can't find anything else like it out there, too.

Here it is, in a Google document: The Big List of Conversion Items

I linked to posts here on ZGFX, save for the freebies listed.

It's by no means comprehensive (if anyone knows of any that I neglected to list, feel free to let me know), but I hope it's at least a start. Hope it helps someone out there!

SparklePants
    Participant

This is AWESOME, there needs to be more replies! Thank you so much for this list!

Feymarcher
    Participant

Thank you! @tomsk sent me a bunch of stuff, so I'll be updating it ASAP. 🙂 I really hope the list is inspiring people to think outside of the 'Shiny Newness' box, especially when it comes to sharing items. I'll have to write up a brief tutorial in the doc about how to convert V3/A3/H3/M3 items to Genesis, so you can use them on Genesis 2 and Genesis 3.

And FWIW, sometimes, you don't even necessarily need fancy converters for outfits: even the basic Iray Uber Shader can do pretty good:

(I should've used this for my promo image instead. Ah well. Sorry for graininess, I don't have an NVida card, so my Iray capabilities are very limited)

Sunny
    Participant

Thanks for the list very useful to have it all in one place

Tomsk
    Participant

Most welcome, if I can think of any others I'll send them your way!

Feymarcher
    Participant

Okay, there's apparently a 'Wear them All' expansion out that now covers V3/M3/A3/H3/S3/F3/K4 (phew!) clothing.

Hopefully that (and this list, which I'll update once said expansion is on ZGFX) will inspire/motivate people to share more older items here (which was my intention when making this list originally), lmao.

Sunny
    Participant

Hopefully some of the older v3 m3 stuff gets put up I know I would grab it

Mars
    Participant

I have a good deal of V3 stuff from back in the day. i will try to get some stuff uploaded this weekend. Now, if only the new "Wear-Them-All" finds it's way to the Zone, I'd be in hog heaven!

Ethiopia
    Participant

Does 'WTA' also convert V3 items to V4?

Mars
    Participant

@not-hunter, it doesn't convert clothes. It's a utility that adds a projection clone to Genesis 3 that allows them to wear V3/M3 clothing via auto-fit. Essentially, it just adds the V3/M3 wardrobe to Genesis 3.

Sunny
    Participant

So far, i have tried it with a couple of a3 and v3 things and its come out looking pretty good

Feymarcher
    Participant

@Mars - It's in the queue now. I figured I ought to put my money where my mouth is on this one, haha!

Mars
    Participant

@notenoughrupees Super cool! Thanks for the excellent share. I can't wait to try it myself!

Schmitty
    Participant

This is my first stop on my exploration of the Resource Area. Thank you 🙂

Feymarcher
    Participant

Well, with Genesis 8 and several other items having dropped since this was last updated, I think it's time to give this list an overhaul.

I'll try to get this updated ASAP with everything since then.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like