Home Page › Forums › General Chat › 3D-Load
- This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 10 months ago by
ulysses.
-
AuthorPosts
-
November 27, 2020 at 1:14 AM #1645599
What in the heavens happened to 3D-Load? What in the world is WordPress?
Does that mean it was shut down and taken over?
November 27, 2020 at 1:22 AM #1645600The owner said that he lost his files and didn't have a backup. So he lost about 3 years of content.
November 27, 2020 at 1:30 AM #1645601So it's not shut down? Just simply recovering? Where did you hear this?
November 27, 2020 at 3:54 AM #1645607This website is powered by WordPress. WordPress is like a website management tool that gives you lots of flexibility over your website.
Also, I've never heard of 3D-Load, but it seems like his website got hacked.
November 27, 2020 at 7:46 AM #1645617Might be unrelated but i had 2 other sites that say "The account was suspended due to violation" along with 3dload downtime. Might be related might be coincidence
EDIT: just checked them, they are back and ruunning again, only 3d is down
November 27, 2020 at 12:51 PM #1645701Poor 3d-load. Guy can't seem to keep his site up for more than a year without a major meltdown. Another reason zonegfx is so great. Gets the content first and reliable as heck.
November 28, 2020 at 4:54 PM #1646073I grabbed a bunch of stuff from 3d-load. Almost all the google drive links worked. On the rare occasion (once or twice) one didn't work, one of the other hosts would.
Whatever his motivation, the fact that he did it - and that stuff was available easily and for free - just shows he/the site embodied the share ideal of sharing stolen shit freely, instead of hiding things behind paywalls.
I appreciated the immediacy and simplicity of the site. The layout was also clean and uncluttered. I'm rooting for the site to come back!
November 28, 2020 at 5:05 PM #1646075Its back! 😉
🙂
November 28, 2020 at 5:12 PM #1646078He said on pirates forum "unfortunately I lost everything, there was a disk failure in the server, and I only have the backup of the database dated December 4, 2019. Now i'm using a NVMe SSD which should be much more durable. I'm trying to make it as similar as possible to before, it will take me a long time to restore the hole of almost a year... Sad
the site will be reopened when it is ready, and slowly the contents will be put again. it could take days, because I have to reconstruct the theme."Site is back up now and as he said he is missing about a year and is working to restore content.
November 28, 2020 at 5:15 PM #1646079It is indeed back. There appears to be a massive gap of lost posts for the site. It goes from 2019 straight to Nov 2020. But it's something.
Side note. I'm sure everyone already knows about all the sites, but just in case. Here is another grab from other sites and post it kind of deal called Render-State.
https://render-state.to/EDIT: Of course after I post I notice strangebricks thorough explanation. Cest la vie.
November 28, 2020 at 6:20 PM #1646102@NanoDot
This reason exactly. I've passed off Zone for awhile because of the point system, whereas Shadow and 3D-Load were free. But it was annoying waiting for things I needed for projects and them not being uploaded, so I came here to request for what I needed.
I still always check by 3D first so I'm not wasting valuable points. I like how simple, easy it is to navigate, and use. I've almost never had issues with dead links. And why complain about dead links when there is dead links here on Zone too, just this site has a category for them when people report them, but at least you aren't wasting points unknowing if it's dead or not.
I like Zone, I am excited to see all the things of course. I just like that 3D is free. It helped me and my partner rebuild after we had to wipe our computers. She's spent over thousands of dollars on Daz items.
November 28, 2020 at 7:03 PM #1646118I get what you're saying, I really do. However, remember the people who do post this stuff like to get the points for doing what they do. The points aren't that valuable. If you buy just one small thing and post it yourself, then you'll have plenty of points. Then you're participating instead of just taking and you don't have to worry about blowing a few hundred points on the new stuff that's rolled in. Just something to think about.
November 28, 2020 at 7:08 PM #1646121No I'm aware. That's why I'm here, doing transactions and offering products I've purchased and fixing dead links as well.
There's many items I have I could upload, but cannot find the specific files through my Library to upload them, unfortunately.
November 28, 2020 at 11:20 PM #1646189He's replacing the missing gaps fairly quickly. Just give him some time.
November 29, 2020 at 5:22 AM #1646216I use to use it a lot last year when I started, but once I found this place - I used a lot less. Sometimes it's handy for when something is missing here. It's a handy backup for me.
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.




