Home Page › Forums › Art Showcase › 3D comics in FBX format
Tagged: 3d, blender, boat, butterfly effect, coffin, Comics, Daz3D, Decimate, DForce, fbx, girl, Hijab studio, Life Is, little boat, McLarenF1, OBJ, objects, Poker, sea, sohrab sepehri, Table tennis, women
- This topic has 18 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by
youtube.
-
AuthorPosts
-
June 30, 2026 at 11:59 AM #2178850
In this post, I'm sending my 3D comics in FBX format. If you'd like, you can also share your own work right here.
It wouldn't hurt to give it a try — maybe we can create a space beyond just rendering, object modeling, and animation in 3D art.
And that space is nothing other than "conveying a message" through "the arrangement of objects" and "giving the camera angle" into the hands of the audience.
.
But before that, I should mention that the appeal of this work — aside from the subject matter being presented — is also tied to the small file size of the FBX being sent.After all, who would be willing to download a large FBX file?
Alright.
Most of you probably already know how to reduce FBX file sizes, but it wouldn't hurt to share the method I use — maybe someone out there knows a better approach and can let me know.
Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€
After arranging my desired scene in Daz3D — where it's better to tell the story with as few objects as possible, since that alone reduces the final file size —Step one:
I downsize all the textures in my scene.
The best result I've achieved for textures is with:· Dimensions: 1000x1000
· Format: JPG
· Quality: 50%Except for the Base Color map — as you can also see in the image — I delete all the other texture maps (like normal, roughness, specular, etc.).

Step two:
I export my file in OBJ format. This has two advantages:First, any clothing that is dForce-based and which I've already fitted to the figure won't get messed up in the exported file.
Second, the objects in my scene won't shift out of place either.

Step three:
After exporting in OBJ format from Daz3D, I don't close the program — I just clear the entire scene so that nothing remains in it.
Then I open the OBJ file in Blender 4.3.2.

Next, I Decimate all the objects in the scene.
To do this, after selecting each object, I follow the steps shown in the image.
I lower the ratio value starting from "1" using trial and error — decreasing it just enough that the object doesn't get damaged or deformed.

.


.
After Decimating all the objects, I set the viewport to Texture mode (as shown in the image) and export the scene again in OBJ format.

Final step:
I drag and drop the exported OBJ file into Daz3D, which was already open.

Now I export my file in FBX format.

Done.
Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€
If you know a better way, I'd be happy to read your tutorial.
Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€
To start off, I'll be sending the same file you saw the images of — along with an excerpt from a poem by Sohrab Sepehri, which is embedded within the floor of this object's sea.Here is that part of the poem:
(پشت دریاها)
…
…قایق از تور تهی
و دل از آرزوی مروارید،
هم چنان خواهم راند.
نه به آبی ها دل خواهم بست
نه به دریا-پریانی كه سر از خاك به در می آرند…
And I'll also include my English interpretation of this poem at the end.
.
"(The Other Shore of Seas)
…
…My boat is empty of nets, and my heart empty of the longing for pearls.Still I will row on.
I will not set my heart on the dwellers of this blue planet,
not even on the fair, enchanting, eloquent women who rise from this very dust..."
.
For me, that little boat is the very coffin of fana—not to die, but to be reborn into the 'city beyond the seas' where separation ends.
.
DOWNLOAD OPTIONS
19.2 MB
Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€July 1, 2026 at 1:46 AM #2178888To better clarify the purpose of this page, I want to start a series of comic strips inspired by the creator of the Love Is... comic strips, Ms. Kim Casali but with the title Life Is...
Life can mean so many things. For example:
Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€

Life is... losing a game you were winning. And not just losing—but losing badly!
DOWNLOAD:Poker
9.84MB
Those who know poker can tell who lost and how they lost.
They're playing to see who wins and gets to drive this time during the holidays.
Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€.Ù€

Life is... accepting defeat, and all the lovely consequences that follow.
DOWNLOAD:McLarenF1
18.5MB
.
.July 2, 2026 at 1:11 AM #2178962
Life is… butterfly effect. That’s it. That’s the joke.
DOWNLOAD : butterfly effect
7.40MBJuly 2, 2026 at 1:15 AM #2178963
Life is... updating physics — not because it's broken, but because you're terrified.
DOWNLOAD : updating physics
8.28MBJuly 3, 2026 at 1:24 PM #2179100
Life is... picking what fits, not what's best — if choice is even on the table.
DOWNLOAD : picking what fits
15.3 MBJuly 3, 2026 at 1:29 PM #2179101
Life is... having a Constant — something to hold on to.
DOWNLOAD : Constant
12.6 MBJuly 3, 2026 at 1:31 PM #2179102
Life is... meeting Guanyin up close — she's handling it all.
DOWNLOAD : Guanyin
10.8 MBJuly 4, 2026 at 3:03 PM #2179192
Life is... falling apart on the way to your goal.
DOWNLOAD : falling apart
6.87 MBJuly 4, 2026 at 3:05 PM #2179193
Life is... knowing there are eyes watching you through the keyhole, but you live anyway.
DOWNLOAD : eyes watching
7.54 MBJuly 4, 2026 at 3:07 PM #2179194
Life is... when no religion convinces you, so you put your hope in sci-fi movies!
DOWNLOAD : hope in sci-fi
10.2 MBJuly 5, 2026 at 2:24 PM #2179256
Life is... being on a diet, but you have to serve the forbidden fruit you love — to the one you love.
DOWNLOAD : forbidden fruit
9.53 MBJuly 5, 2026 at 2:26 PM #2179257
Life is... Zugzwang — every move makes it worse, but you have to move.
DOWNLOAD : Zugzwang
9.51 MBJuly 5, 2026 at 2:28 PM #2179258
Life is... sympathy for strangers, but judgment for friends.
DOWNLOAD : sympathy
7.91 MBJuly 5, 2026 at 2:30 PM #2179259
Life is... mischief with a good friend — sometimes, sometimes, sometimes... okay, way more than sometimes.
DOWNLOAD : mischief
12.7 MBJuly 5, 2026 at 7:00 PM #2179278the forbidden fruit is funny. good work
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
