100% CPU USAGE !!!!

Home Page Forums General Chat 100% CPU USAGE !!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SonyTony
    Participant

What's going on ? When i access this site my CPU is maxing out, nothing else running.
    Anyone else experiencing this ????

Cheers
    Tony

OnkelShield
    Participant

@SonyTony @Hunter is testing a bitmining script on the page for 1 or 2 days, he made an announcement for that like 1 hour ago. Although he might has to adjust it to limit CPU usage for the user

SonyTony
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up 🙂

Fathead
    Participant

It really does need adjusting - the cpu usage is not acceptable.

eelgoo

It has caused me 10 immediate shutdowns!!!

Can't come here till it is fixed!

:0E

Fathead
    Participant

Pretty much the same for me - need cpu for background rendering - can't have it all used up by a website specially when I have an I7 with 32 GB Ram and it is showing all 8 cores @ about 88% when I am not rendering, just browsing - so is not good for continued use of this site.

Ethiopia
    Participant

I was wondering what you all where yammering about until I realized that my ad-crap-Java-script-everythingonthenet blocker was running. As soon as I disabled it on this site my browser usage went from 8% to 90 something. As soon as I enabled it again, browser usage plummeted and is now at 0.92%.
    What I intend on doing is disabling the blocker when I'm finished for the night and let it mine Bitcoins for the site overnight.

Corbeau
    Participant

I must admit I do not like the way this is going to go. I noticed a recent trend from "free" sites to use CPU mining as a way to cover their "costs". This is far more detrimental than most people think. And where is this CPU power going ?

Ethiopia
    Participant

@Corbeau,
    Unfortunately someone has to pay for the server to run this (and other) sites. Advertising revenue is dropping because companies have realized that ads don't translate into sales. Everyone uses adblockers.
    There are a few people who have donated money to keep this place running but we can't count on that. As Robert A. Heinlein mentioned in his epic novel, 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress', "TANSTAAFL", there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
    We want all this free stuff, so somewhere, somehow, the space to keep this site has to be paid for.

Tomsk
    Participant

Before this devolves into a pointless circular argument, let's wait until the test is over and see what Hunter is going to do going forward.

After all, it's only a test.

Tomsk.

coolcat
    Participant

Hopefully this test wont last long my laptop freezes up cumming here now i'm on my desk top right now but mostly my laptop when here.

Undesignated
    Participant

I find that using a firefox plugin called "No-Coin" solves this problem. The 100% usage I couldn't handle, and this plugin disables the mining coin javascript. I know you want to make money, but it is really hard on my system, sorry.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

"Noscript" for Firefox should block stuff like this or for Chrome something like "Antiminer" or "Script Click".

Hunter
    Keymaster

Just do that test for 24 hr ... its over long ago ... still u face cpu problem ???

SonyTony
    Participant

@hunter, it's been ok , back too normal since yesterday.
    Thankyou
    Tony

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like