Viking assets from @tammebelg

Home Page Forums General Chat Viking assets from @tammebelg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kiwi-Hawk
    Participant

Kai ora

Sorry I'm not a fan of the comments section taking me off to another site to try chat with a user

@tammebelg has kindly uploaded some really neat Viking style assets as iClone projects, great for me I'm happy as, the weird thing here is he's spend hours converting them for iClone 7 from Unreal,.. now I'm spending hours trying to get them back to Unreal <simle> Sadley the Unreal asset is not named any where I can see so I can go find it to check over. If by some fluk of nature @tammebelg see's this post he just might help me out with some product info. I jusy spent 3 day (yes I'm ole and slow) exporting 3 of the houses as FBX's so I can bring them into Blender with the intention to reset orgins and pivots for use in UE4 and UE5

tammebelg
    Participant

This is the asset: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/viking-village-environment-megapack?sessionInvalidated=true

You may have had some issues migrating back to Unreal. Unreal uses negative scaling to mirror assets. In Icone I ran into problems with this.
    I solved this for Modular viking house 02 and 03 by first importing these parts into blender and using the mirror function there. Modular viking house 01 will give you a problem when you make a fbx file.

I did not expect iClone assets to be converted back to Unreal.

Kiwi-Hawk
    Participant

Kia ora
    Thanks for the reply and the heads up on issues, The import has long names so I'm working through and using the UR5 tools to set pivots etc, your right about house_01 two of the roof parts flip out weird. I looked the asset on UEmarketplace (thans for the lik) I'll be saving for a while, lol, thats $276.68 NZ and I have %15.5 tax to ad to that

Oldwolf
    Participant

I just wish there was a way as easy as iClone 3DXchange is for converting iclone assets to obj to import into DAZ. SO many unreal assets and sets I would love to pull into DAZ Studio.

Kiwi-Hawk
    Participant

If you export from iClone it export the whole scene and one file in FBX format that can be brought into Blender and maybe that could be exproted as an OBJ. but Oldwolf your right, for kit bashing each item needs to be exported one by one, it's a lot of work to be sure

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like