skin texture

Home Page Forums General Chat skin texture

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    PatrickBateman
    Participant

Does anyone know how I can make my characters' skins look like that?

gaver
    Participant

All is possible in DS, but skin has a lot of sliders that influence texture and colour.
    If it is texture you are after. in the parameters tab, if you select the whole figure
    General>mesh resolution
    there are two sliders
    Subdivision Levels
    SubD Level
    The higher you set those, the more detail you will see, but every time you move the slider up 1 point, the mesh is doubled ( if I am not mistaking), so the higher, the more computerpower you need.

PatrickBateman
    Participant

I tried what you told me but I can't get that smooth skin like the one in the picture.

John09
    Participant

Skin like this comes a good combination of skin tones and lighting. What skin tones and lighting did you try? Is that model (or skin) available here?

gaver
    Participant

Daz Studio Community Skin Workshop

Maybe this is helpful, it is better to understand than to get lucky 😉

PatrickBateman
    Participant

I don't know, the artist uses that skin on all his characters and it looks great.

John09
    Participant

Well, Then you have to play with lights and skin settings to get the hang of it.

Also, if you don't mind NSFW pic, look up "ambient-avalancher" in deviantArt. They use a lots of different characters with different light set to get these type of oily smooth skins. The best thing is that, they give details what type of resources (char, skin, light, accessories etc) are used in those pictures. (You might have to scroll down a lot to get past the recent Ai images, but look for images done before 2023)

Here is a sample link: [NSFW picture]

Ambient-Avalancher

Architector
    Participant

Hi @patrickbateman

The smoothness on the skin tone depend on the skin normal maps and the HD morphs. Try to change normal maps on the surface tab from another characters(same genesis version)and try different vendors skin maps. This is a long time to discover the difference between skin maps. You can try HD morphs change on the parameter tab if you have already installed a lot of characters with HD morphs. Have fun! 🙂 😀

PatrickBateman
    Participant

ok but how can I use a texture from another model if it has a different skin tone than the one I want to use?

Architector
    Participant

If you want to use only that skin what you posted, just change only the normal maps on the surface tab.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like