The 'un' rant

Home Page Forums General Chat The 'un' rant

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ethiopia
    Participant

Anyone who's been around Daz3D and Poser for more than a few seconds has undoubtedly witnessed (and been disgusted by) the endless and pointless infighting and senseless arguments in any forum over figures and software. Few (if any) of these people are professionals yet so many of them attack others over mention of a preferred figure or certain software. While I continue to browse the forums to pick up tips or links to other sites, I haven't bothered taking part in any discussions in years. Even the SM forums spend most of their time arguing about 'saving' Poser and justifying it and it's users. There are some serious egos in those forums and no shortage of pompous asses.

It's so nice to have a forum (right here) where we can discuss things politely. Why are us pirates (crooks, criminals, liars, thieves, scum of the earth, deadbeats and cheats) so decent and easy to get along with? I wonder if money has something to do with it.

eelgoo

Possibly, but I think that by and large people here are aware that trying to take moral high ground is going to elude them.
    So, we are conscious of the fact that none of us here are angelic white, and that perhaps gives us a more down to earth & pragmatic perspective?

🙂

Morri
    Participant

I think it's really a case of, there's those who started with Poser and prefer it to DS, and there's those who moved across to DS when it came out and prefer it to Poser.

It's down to personal preference and I don't understand people arguing about it all. It's just...gah, so stupid all the complaining.

It's the same with figures. I love G8, I think Victoria's getting more realistic with each new generation. But I also love V4 for less realistic renders...and Cookie, Star, Precious for toon work. It's all down to personal preference 🙂

But I have noticed that the "official" communities tend to be very cliquish and it's all about kissing up to their favourite vendors.

I have to admit that I draw the line at Littlefox, I buy every toon figure she puts out because she's my favourite and I don't want to pirate her stuff. I'm sure there's others out there who feel the same about their favourite vendor, but sometimes the prices they put on this stuff is insane.

The King
    Participant

I have used both poser and Daz. Daz is my preferred but I do keep poser installed. The clothing tools on it are way more refined then daz. There are some models, like Haru that semi work in daz but are designed for poser so it good to have around.

I also like having a place where there is no infighting about which software is best. On other fourms, it should be more about what you can do with the software. (skill wise)

eelgoo

@paigekitten

Yes, there are a couple of vendors I soft pedal on.

I still prefer to weight my uploads to NLA's though.

🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I use both DS and Poser. I would prefer the recent Genesis figures to be fully Poser compatible as I find Posers GUI easier to navigate than DS + the IK in Poser is much better than the one in DS.

Can't have everything 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like