Shit goes down

Shit goes down

Home Page Forums General Chat Shit goes down

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Paralane Paralane 4 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Paralane

Paralane

said

I have had to stop and think very seriously about whether I wanted to stay in this community after the shit that has been happening I spent quite a bit of my Christmas money at Rendo and daz only to be accused of stealing some ones files Not only was I accused of stealing some ones files, I also apparently have been banned from a site that I am not even a member at. Pretty rare honor that is. It made me think do I really want to share what I buy with arseholes or should I just say FU and walk away. Walking away was the first thing I thought of, then I thought, why should I leave, I have spoken with some pretty nice people here. So I will still share, but I am not going to share as much, and the people who have done the shit stirring well hey, you punish every one else for your stupidity

January 11, 2017 at 4:34 pm
Profile photo of charite

charite

said

It sound as if you got a raw deal there. I would be pissed to if I was accused of stealing the things I bought. But I have not seen that kind of behaviors here, everybody nicely pirates whatever they can get their hands on, without any backstabbing 😀

January 11, 2017 at 4:48 pm
Profile photo of Batty

Batty

said

Sorry for your troubles Paralane. The internet can attract the worse in people, but also create a lot of good too, like the general spirit of sharing. The bad comes with the good I guess. I would just keep to the sites I like and ignore the rest.

January 11, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Profile photo of Tomsk

Tomsk

said

While i can’t say I’ve personally encountered any problems with anyone during my time here, I do sympathize with your predicament. It seems to me that whatever you ultimately decide to do going forward, just be sure that it’s to satisfy your goals and no-one elses.

I can’t help but wonder if Hunter can/cannot see any negative PM’s you’ve received and render some assistance?

Your efforts have have been appreciated by many, including myself, and I hope you do remain a part of our community.

Tomsk.

January 11, 2017 at 5:08 pm
Profile photo of eelgoo

eelgoo

said

I too would encourage you to stick around.
Your input is greatly valued by the vast majority of folk here.
Don’t let the odd snide mealy mouthed saddo get you down.
Report them to Hunter & get back to what you enjoy doing.

🙂

January 11, 2017 at 5:35 pm
Profile photo of kid

kid

said

I would try and not let it bother you, there is always some xxxhole out there talking smack and making trouble. ( they feel big behind their screen.)

January 11, 2017 at 6:00 pm
Profile photo of Joseph Lemons

Joseph Lemons

said

Just do what Taylor Swift says and let the haters hate and just shake it off :p

January 11, 2017 at 8:35 pm
Profile photo of wolfenspiel

wolfenspiel

said

In every community I’ve been a part of, I’ve seen a couple different types of these arseholes. There’s the Butthurt- that’s the one that either paid for a specific item as soon as it came out only to find somebody else shared it, or who paid for an item in order to share only to have somebody else share it first. To these people I say get over it and get over yourself! This is going to happen no matter where you are, you can’t avoid it, and you can’t stop it.

Then there’s the VIP/Paysite Whiner- These are the people that run websites that expect you to pay a VIP membership in order to get the “good stuff” hidden behind a paywall. The problem is, they don’t seem to understand that it’s the same as expecting you to pay money for stolen goods…in a sharing community, for the most part that just ain’t gonna happen. Sure, maybe you only need to “pay once”, and you’ll be unlocked “forever” in some cases, but when there’s a dozen other sites that do NOT run that way, these folks need to realize it’s a risk they’re going to take, and if something they “reserve” for their paywall just happens to get out elsewhere, it is’t ALWAYS because somebody “leaked” your precious bait. And that’s JUST what it is- like fishing, it’s BAIT…bitching and punishing people for a perceived “leak” is like yelling at a fish for taking a live worm or somebody else’s bait instead of yours. It’s stupid, and only causes trouble.

Finally, there’s the Artist/Wanna-be- this is the guy that pretends to be one of you, and then suddenly takes a “moral high ground”, and acts like he’s got a stick up his arse. These people bitch and complain, while either making half-assed crap that’s over-priced, making good stuff that’s over-priced, or spending more time trying to police the internet that they don’t utilize their time actually making anything worthwhile whatsoever. They have a bloated view of self-importance, and think it’s THEIR “civic duty” to bring down the “pirates” all by themselves or with a small group who also has more time to waste than to create. Unfortunately, there’s not a lot you can say or do to these kinds of idiots, because they’ll never see your side of things. Many if not all of them are egotistic at best, or completely narcissistic at worst. They think their work is too good to be sold cheaply, that it’s better than anyone else’s, that it’s actually worth the bloated price they ask, and that it shouldn’t be shared or pirated like anyone else’s work. They are so filled with “righteous wrath” they fail to see that it’s their own actions pushing people to oppose them, and frankly they don’t care, nor do they care who they step on or who gets hurt in the process. These people are like Hannibal Lecter, minus the cannibalism…(at least, as far as I know…..)

So, you see that no matter where anyone goes, these people are going to be around, they’re going to attack you, and harass you, and single you out like they did to an old friend of many in this community, until they beat you down, wear you out, run you off, or until you die, sadly. It’s all part of the game. And, it isn’t just people that share that they go after, either. If you belong to a community, if you download things that are being shared, whether or not you share in return, you’re STILL a target for harassment…and you’re just as vulnerable when using a torrent as you are using a web host. The only real options anyone has here, is get tough, get smart, ignore them, beat them at their own game….or quit.

January 11, 2017 at 9:48 pm
Profile photo of Undesignated

Undesignated

said

Paralane, I do feel for you. I have been accused of stealing from another site(Maybe GFXru). I was not a member there, and only knew a few people that were there, but didn’t get anything from them. A few files that I uploaded to KAT were files from wuteva. BTW they mark their files, by inserting stuff into the files, like a misc. period here or there, or by marking an image file inside the zip itself with a logo or something. If you did post it from the site or not, doesn’t really matter. They can get over themselves. Don’t let it bother you. I didn’t. It’s just a file.

Let them get pissed. Nothing you can do about it. If they wanna act like Donald Trump, let them. It is what gives communities bad names. Especially like phuong.

January 12, 2017 at 1:01 am
Profile photo of NotEnoughRupees

NotEnoughRupees

said

Yeah, I’ve gotten a couple salty remarks. Like, I’m so sorry the file I uploaded wasn’t the pure original .EXE installer file sprinkled with pixie dust in the pale moonlight of a full moon and instead something extracted from the original .exe file, because I’m a MacOS user who can’t open EXE files without Wine. Not to mention some of the stuff (like a couple of the Aery Soul items) are NLAs and I had to find them from old torrents I had lying around.

After I got a couple of those remarks, I decided I’d be sharing less. For now. Maybe in the future when I buy some stuff on Rendo that’s not here I’ll share, but for now, I’m just a little skittish to do so. :/

January 12, 2017 at 4:12 am

Paralane

said

I think we all just have to be grateful, I know I am as I had Genevieve in my cart and checked here and saw that wolf had uploaded her, saved me $66 that I could use on something else. I am here not only to pirate, but also to give because if no one gave then we wouldn’t have anything to pirate. I get that people get frustrated, that some want everything for nothing and that others are only here to pirate just for other sites. It’s a shitty old world and all I want to do is just be able to be here with out hassles or false accusations.

January 12, 2017 at 11:04 am

Paralane

said

As to reporting the person, no, I don’t want a witch hunt, nor do I want to cause them any trouble. Have said my piece so hopefully they will just get on with being a part of the community here and leave me in peace

January 12, 2017 at 11:10 am
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2013 ZoneGfx. All rights reserved.                                                            Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest