Poser vender directory news

Home Page Forums General Chat Poser vender directory news

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ethiopia
    Participant

I know that almost no one uses Poser anymore (how are they still in business?). Some guy made a content directory recently ( http://www.3dcontentdirectory.com/ ) and the two or three Poser fans are going buts about it. I followed the thread and am dismayed that he excludes some vendors on the basis of internet rumours, or because he doesn't 'like' them. Doesn't seem like much of an impartial resource does it?

He also lists by type of content vice artist, meaning that the same content creators are listed numerous times. Going through the directory is terribly time consuming and I gave up after running into the same content creator a dozen times.

eelgoo

It is obviously just his thing & good luck to him with it, but it does strike me as a bit pointless.

Surely any enthusiasts for the software are going to know the best places to get their content anyway?

Content paradise, renderosity & hivewire. In terms of quantity that is about it, I would have thought these days?

:0/

Ethiopia
    Participant

I feel that this could/should be an excellent asset for anyone, not just Poser users since Poser formatted stuff works perfectly fine in Studio too. There are numerous small creators with their own sites that offer excellent stuff; in many cases better than the big brokers at lower prices. Summoner is one of those.

Even long time users (like me) don't know about all of them, I found a few knew-to-me sites in the directory. Folks new to Studio/Poser should be directed there but, you know that Daz3D sure won't tell new people that they can get items at other places. Even if they did, I'm sure that an hour tediously going through the many, many, many redundant links would send them back to Daz or Rendo.

I believe that the directory should simply list vendors, have a quick description of what they make, and leave it at that. It would be a lot faster to browse.

eelgoo

That would be a more useful user friendly resource. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like