(Filled) "Miss B G8F" - Still open "Miss B Hair G8F"

Home Page Forums Request (Filled) "Miss B G8F" - Still open "Miss B Hair G8F"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Markess Redfield
    Participant
    eelgoo

Well, that is a pleasant surprise.

That one was under my radar. :00

I have the G2F version if that is any use to you?

I'm going to put 1000 points on this model anyway.

No PM No Points.

🙂

Markess Redfield
    Participant

I think I have that one. But thanks!

Rog
    Participant

1500 points.

Kennth
    Participant

Another 1000, just PM me for the points.

jr96
    Participant

300 points from me too

Flanker
    Participant

500 here

Tom Dooley
    Participant

+500 pts

PM please

Abrasive Angel
    Participant

500 points

Abrasive Angel
    Participant

An extra 1000 points. 1500 points total. PM for points.

Markess Redfield
    Participant

@eelgoo Do you know a good way to transfer the GF2 Textures to GF8? I think I may try that while I wait for GF8 after all.

eelgoo

Well, I haven't tried with G2F textures, but given their apparent similarity to V4 it would probably work OK with Blacksmiths Texture Transformer.
    That said it would only get you as far as G3F if you have all the required plug ins.
    TBH I haven't used it in a long time, & cannot advise if it would be suitable for G8F.

BamBoozler90
    Participant

G8F uses the same UVs, except for the eyes. So it is doable. But texture transformer messes up eyes anyway, so you wouldn't want to use the texture it gives you. You'd be better off just using the G2F eyes on them. The texture converson process is just passable at best. For a character like this, you will probably notice a lot of places that get messed up. However, if you can handle GIMP or similar, you can fix most of these issues by blending in a true G8F texture that is ball park to it.
    Unfortunately there is no better option than blackmsith3d for this task, which sucks.

I have tried using Wrap3D to do this, and it is not any better, though maybe I don't have the best strategy. In some ways Wrap3D does do a better job.
    For this, I made a clone of G8 for G2 and posed in A pose. Then exported this G2 shaped like G8 as obj for Wrap3D. Since they are almost exactly the same, the wrap process matches up the textures decently well. There are still artifacts, but not as many as blacksmith. However the issue I have is making the maps from all the different UVs and getting them to combine together. For example G8 leg UV contain not just the limbs, but also the torso from G2. So you have to find a way to get these to combine perfectly.
    As it is, there is potential to using Wrap3D for this process. You can also use Wrap3D to convert the G2 mesh to G8, but this requires some prep first because of how Wrap3D works. But if you can pull it all off, it is possible to get a very accurate mesh replica.

Combine this with the HD add on for Daz 4.6 found here, and it is possible to even convert HD characters with their HD details over to G8. I have not attempted this yet as that requires a some set up and work arounds. G8 does load in Daz 4.6, it converts to 'Daz default' shaders.

It would be pretty awesome if somebody got that process working and uploaded converted HD characters. I bet that would totally piss off Daz, which would be the best part with how protective they are of their so called HD morphs.

eelgoo

TBH I am surprised that Blacksmith hasn't done a G8 plug in.
    That might have been an opportunity to improve the product's performance.
    :0/

Pocahontas
    Participant

I’ll add 500 points

Please PM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Request’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Post You Might Like