Membership Options?

Membership Options?

Home Page Forums Useful Resources Membership Options?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brassica Brassica 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Corbeau

Corbeau

said

KeepingSane, I am totally in tune with you on this (particularly the pay for pirated goods refusal). That is the reason I prefer torrenting despite its shortcomings. The “owner” or “runner” of Zone should be more clear with his intentions to avoid later recriminations (we are a small community and a bad rep could turn a fumbling site runner into a hated Phungzou clone).

September 7, 2016 at 3:06 pm
Profile photo of eelgoo

eelgoo

said

Well, it is good to see some discussion going on here.

For me the mega / Zonegfx tie in works very well, as I always found torrenting a lot of faffing about.
Now I can just upload to mega & in a few minutes I have an item shared & that requires no further input to maintain it.

Having got used to it, I like the way it works at the moment.
If it continues like it is I will be happy, as it does reward contributors indirectly, which encourages more folk to upload.
Subscription charges would not be welcome though, as others have said, any payment made really should go to the creators.

September 7, 2016 at 4:10 pm
Profile photo of don't want friends

don’t want friends

said

“…could turn a fumbling site runner into a hated Phungzou clone…”
Chuckle, that’s a good one.
I’d like to make an off the wall suggestion. Is anyone old enough (or geeky enough) to remember the usenet? Despite everything having gotten clicky and pointy and touchy and feely, the usenet (or NNTP) is still around and going strong. While few ISPs provide access anymore, private providers like Giganews provide inexpensive access. Usenet or NNTP was the first internet protocol and was quickly embraced by the pirate community. In fact, pirating was born there.
The advantages are…
-crazy fast downloads.
-file retention going into the months
-completely anonymous for downloaders
-most folks have no idea that it exists so it flies under the radar
You can read about it by Googling the Wiki.
In any case, I’m not sure that we really have to worry much about being targeted by Rendo or Daz. There where hundreds of torrents in KAT and neither Rendo or Daz did a thing. It’s so easy to send a DMCA takedown notice but they never bothered. If I made content I’d be pretty pissed about they’re lack of action. R’otica is the only one that ever did anything and since they’re not making anything worth downloading anymore, who cares.
In the big ocean of pirates, we’re just a tiny school of sardines.

September 7, 2016 at 6:27 pm
Profile photo of Joseph Lemons

Joseph Lemons

said

Sharing buttons are gone, please fix ASAP

September 10, 2016 at 4:10 pm
Profile photo of WeaZ3ley

WeaZ3ley

said

The points you could get from those buttons are gone because some users were abusing that and did nothing but click the share button for hours to get points. And NOT actually sharing anything.

September 10, 2016 at 5:52 pm
Profile photo of Brassica

Brassica

said

I use usenet for most stuff but not poser content as nobody posts which is a shame as usenet is still the best for file sharing and i use a dutch provider so no DMCA’s

January 1, 2017 at 5:00 pm
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2013 ZoneGfx. All rights reserved.                                                            Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest