Membership Options?

Membership Options?

Home Page Forums Useful Resources Membership Options?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brassica Brassica 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of eelgoo

eelgoo

said

I can’t seem to find any information on membership levels, or renewals.

Could options be clarified, please?

Many thanks,

Eelgoo. 🙂

September 4, 2016 at 5:29 pm
Profile photo of ratus

ratus

said

same here

September 5, 2016 at 7:26 am
Profile photo of Beagle Bandit

Beagle Bandit

said

If only you knew a beagle who could sniff these things out.

September 5, 2016 at 7:40 pm
Profile photo of don't want friends

don’t want friends

said

And what has the inquisitive beagle managed to sniff out? My pussy and I are curious.

(Hi Beags)

September 6, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Profile photo of WeaZ3ley

WeaZ3ley

said

I renewed a few weeks ago. Costs nothing (Not even points) but it seems you have to do it once a month. The system sent me a notice and I figured out where to go. You’d have to ask Hunter but I think it’s just a part of whatever setup for WordPress gives the points, etc.

September 6, 2016 at 11:39 pm
Profile photo of eelgoo

eelgoo

said

Ok Thanks a lot for the info, WeaZ3ley. :0)

September 6, 2016 at 11:50 pm
Profile photo of Blimpie

Blimpie

said

Thanks for the info. Good to know. And nice to see some Kat people here.

September 6, 2016 at 11:52 pm

don’t want friends

said

Coincidentally, I received an email this evening for the same thing. I get the feeling that whoever runs this place doesn’t really have a handle on it all. Most content is just a mirror of Skyback. We’ll see how the place shapes up.

September 7, 2016 at 12:00 am
Profile photo of eelgoo

eelgoo

said

Whilst there is a fair amount of duplication on sites like these, currently I am only posting here.

Of course, that doesn’t mean it won’t pop up elsewhere later :0)

September 7, 2016 at 12:05 am

WeaZ3ley

said

There is stuff posted every day that isn’t on Skyback. I’ve posted a few things here that have taken quite a while to get on other sites. Some still hasn’t. I suspect that at least one of the posters here is a poster on Skyback but he posts a lot more here. Anyway if you don’t want stuff to spread it’s a good idea not to post it anywhere 😀

The biggest difference between here and Skyback? No shitty hosts here.

September 7, 2016 at 1:40 am

don’t want friends

said

I’ve never understood why people wouldn’t want items to spread around, isn’t sharing what it’s all about? Is there an ego boost involved here? Do the people running this site want to be the only place for content? I’d love to find out where all the content comes from in the first place. I doubt that people are buying all this content, there must be a few people hacking Daz and Rendo then posting the items somewhere. Foxter.ru had items first for a long time but doesn’t have much anymore.

September 7, 2016 at 11:58 am

WeaZ3ley

said

Personally, yeah I only post it because I want to share it. I was only underscoring the point that the site isn’t just a clone of Skyback 🙂

Oh and YES most (probably all) of the content posted here has been bought by somebody somewhere and then shared. I have shared several items that I have paid for with my own money. I highly doubt that somebody would be constantly hacking Daz and Rendo without them noticing and fixing the holes. People have been posting stuff since the beginning. And don’t think that Daz and Renderosity are unaware of the posting because they are. And don’t particularly like it. But who the hell can afford to buy everything? So I share what I can and download what I can’t afford. Sometimes I actually buy it AFTER I download. And sometimes I decide that a product isn’t worth it and delete it from my wishlist 🙂

September 7, 2016 at 12:10 pm

don’t want friends

said

Some good points.
By hacking I meant that someone was/is using hacked credit cards to buy items then distributing them. Most of the new content appeared on Skyback first then trickled into the torrent sites and other file sharing sites. Skyback is somewhere in the old Soviet Union and as we all know, there’s a history of hacking there. This is good for us of course. I’m sure that some of the items are shared by folks being altruistic (like you), but as you mentioned, no one can buy everything. I’ve belonged to a couple of the private sites where people got together to buy and share content but since I don’t use Genesis stuff, they became less worthwhile for me. That might be an idea for this place to implement. People could vote for an item they all wanted then everyone donate a few bucks. People could possibly make a monetary donation that would go into their own ‘pool’ which could then be drawn from for group purchases. I’d love to have those tutorials from Esha but they are just much too expensive. If she makes the entire series she’s promised, it’ll be over a hundred bucks. That’s crazy.
Since KAT went down I’ve been watching the other torrent sites and places like this to see if one becomes the ‘hub’. So far no one site has become the clear leader in content posting.

September 7, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Profile photo of Corbeau

Corbeau

said

Squirtgun is right in pointing that no site has become a clear leader in newly shared Daz/(and even less poser) stuff. I am a Kat people with an alias and I am somewhat present (but almost passive) on the four main fronts : here, TPB, Noid and CGPeers. I see noted Kat friends here, so it is probable that stuff from here will find a torrent translation. What is the reaction of the “runner” of this site ? or of other various uploaders who could weep for lost points ? The whole community is hesitant, maybe frightened by legal threats or by the discomfort of uploading procedures in non KAT environments. I was surprised by the absence of surge on Noid after a few attemps by a minority, curiously it seems currently zonegfx gains some clout while TPB has problems with its banning in several countries. The truth is that we are going circular everywhere, everyone seems waiting despite Beagle encouragement and various valuable efforts by a minority. For instance I am about to upload stuff but I am unable to decide where… There are pros and cons in each case and I want to choose well as my upload power is weak and shortlegged (I cannot have a permanent connection) which means that zonefx is the most suitable but then I have to choose a file storage provider… trouble again : it seems mega.nz is good but I would be glad to know your opinion about it. And I wouldn’t like to waste my time if I have trouble renewing on zone….

September 7, 2016 at 1:57 pm
Profile photo of KeepingSane

KeepingSane

said

What I’ve seen so far is that Zonegfx has been the most active since the fall of KAT. There are advantages and disadvantages to both torrents and the file storage site methods though I absolutely hate the other file storage sites like sky and top, etc – virus laden files, tedious downloading. Zone has been really good with that so far. I even don’t mind the point system because it encourages people to contribute. The only problem I see is that Zone is completely set up for being a paysite, so I wonder how long this free membership thing will last. I will not pay for a pirate site, cause I rather pay the original artists. I’ll suffer ads for sharing, but will not pay for pirated items.

September 7, 2016 at 2:50 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2013 ZoneGfx. All rights reserved.                                                            Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest